What's the worst thing that happened on your birthday?

My 13th b-day
For me it was getting grounded in the afternoon the day before (it was a one full week grounding), which meant my b-day house party was cancelled so I got no gifts from friends and family members gave me their gifts next week.

Seriously, I hated them that day. They could have at least put a limited time for the party, let me open the gifts and then after the hour say that I'm still grounded... but at least don't ruin my day... esp the one when I became a teen.

But ok, I had a blast in on my next b-day. I guess that makes up for the disastrous 13th one.

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was 17 my parents forgot my birthday. They tried to cover it up, claiming I had the wrong date, and that my birthday was the next day, but that was just a lie. The next day they tried to put on a show for my birthday apparently hoping I was too dumb to be able to look at a calendar. Anyway I was scheduled to work the day after my birthday so I couldn't stay and celebrate a day late even if I wanted to.

Most Helpful Girl

• My sister almost killed herself and checked into to the mental hospital on my 22st bday. :(

What Guys Said 5

• If I remember correctly I think the washing machine once flooded the house on my birthday or was it my sisters. I think it was mine.

• Mom made a meal she knew I hated but wanted to impress everyone else.

• Well it wasn't exactly on my birthday but it was in celebration of my 21st and ended up not eating enough before drinking so I felt like shit most of the night lol 😂😂

• No-one was gonna turn up, so I cancelled.

• Gotta learn you can't do certain things. Why should they reward you for doing something you're not supposed to. That's the point of being punished

• I agree I was fair to ground me but at least make it fair, like what I've just suggested: giving it a limited time for the party (let's say 2 hrs) and at least let me open my gifts, while reminding me I'm still grounding afterwards.

• Nope, punishment is punishment

What Girls Said 4

• umm... My mom put ice inside my underwear in front of my family!

• I went in for surgery to have hardware removed from my leg.

• I had surgery so I couldn't have cake XP

• Oh that's an easy answer. It was my birthday my parents were arguing and my mom left.