Do you believe people should keep their IQ private?

I know a lot of people will tell everyone what their iq is, but others would never share it. Some people will refuse to ever calculate their iq

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's good to say it lol
    I like knowing how mentally challenging someone can be.

What Guys Said 18

• You cannot, on your own, calculate your IQ. It is measured by several different tests that are administered by psychologists and school counselors.

If anyone gets in my face about their IQ, I look at them and very calmly say, "You know, people who actually do have a high IQ have enough sense to not brag about it to others." That usually shuts them up.

• Why should people activly keep it private?
    Issues with why someone would want to share it aside, what is wrong with someone sharign an peace of fairly abstract information about themselves? Should people not mention their academic qualifications? Or their arbitrary acomplishents in terms of fitness ("I ran the 4min mile", or "I can lift X" etc etc)?
    Just because someone else shares a thing doesn't mean that you have to... And hell, I doubt many people have had the full formal test anyway. The majority of scores people chuch around are probably from silly facebook things, or truncated versions of the test designed to encourage people to pay for a full one (which may or may not be the standardised test) from that particular establishment. So it's not even something that someone who suspects they may have a low score, should feel bad about.

• Very few people actually take legitimate IQ tests. They take fake ones on the internet that will almost always give you 130+ results and then they go around being super smug about their fake results. Plus many researchers have said that it's not a true indicator of intelligence. www.medicaldaily.com/iq-test-accurate-way-measure-intelligence-or-are-mental-abilities-something-you-cant-put-297244

• some? you mean most... its YOUR IQ... do whatever you want with it.

• Lol.. a smart person would never boast about their intelligence. They'll prove it through actions. Sapiophiles can detect their intelligence without having to ask them about it.
    By the way.. Most IQ tests are based on the assumption that the person is fluent in English.

• I took the stanford binet about 5 times only on the 4th time did i realize how full of crap it was. My IQ score is public but I don't necessarily care about it. Its been proven by not only science but logic as well that there is much more to an Intelligence Quotent exam completely ignoring other forms of intelligence not factored in. In conclusion its a poor mans way to measure Intellect, inaccurate.

• I think my IQ is... over 9000!!!😬😬😬😬😬

• I don't give the slightest shit about IQs actually. I don't know what mine is but I'm confident in my intelligence. I'll form my own opinion on whether I think a person is intelligent or not

• 0|0
  • No, why? IQ test are bull shit anyways.

• Not so many people that actually know their IQ to begin with. A random internet iq test doesn't quite cut it - assessment of intellect is a complicated business.

That said, people should do what they want.

• I know my IQ and it's kind of exceptionally high, so I don't really like just walking around telling everybody how high it is because I hate bragging about it.

• My IQ is 6

• IQ calculation... I think this is a thing you can't analyse

• I dont like to give my IQ away especially to girls so I may get a girlfriend someday.

• its a pesonal thing except if you want to apply to a job and its needed.

• Some people lie. Most of the fools that brag about their IQ lie about it.

• I think people should wear little tags like the ones they have at conventions "Hi I'm ------", except with their IQ.

That way you can spot the socially inept bores from a distance.

What Girls Said 8

• I tell what I know about it (I don't know the exact score) when I'm asked, but never bring it up from a conversation about potatoes for example. People can do whatever they want with that information.

• Yes, that's personal information. Logically, the real intelectuals wouldn't even feel the need to brag about it. Instead they would be maintaining a low profile.

• Why would a truly intelligent person feel the need to point it out? Clearly the other person is too dumb to understand hahaha jk:)

• Unless asked, people should keep it private.

I don't even know my IQ lol

• Well a lot of people get them from online quizes lol

• It doesn't seem necessary to brag about it, it's just a description of how fast or slow you learn certain things. I don't care or ever plan to know my IQ because I just don't need it.

• I don't really see the big deal. :p

So, I guess it's cool if they share.

• Because they think it would be low. I haven't took an iq test but im sure its high