Do you believe in the fossil record?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• That's like asking "Do you believe in the Pacific Ocean?" The answer (of course) is "yes." Both things are, well, THERE. I've seen the Pacific Ocean. I've seen the fossil record in limestone strata in the hillsides where I live (not to mention the Grand Canyon.)

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Why? fossil record definition. A term used by paleontologists ( see paleontology ) to refer to the total number of fossils that have been discovered, as well as to the information derived from them.

-I believe that they have fossils and dont know any more about them then I do. Not their age, not their origin. If its a fossil from a leaf, it could have been from a plant that came from a seen that blew in the wind and traveled 1000 miles from a tornado.

• That's like asking me if I believe in the sun.

• So, "maybe"?

• No, definetly. It doesn't matter if you believe in it or not, it exists anyways.

• The great thing about science is it doesn't require you to believe, it's true whether you believe it or not.

• You wouldn't believe how much I wish that were true.

• I believe something called the fossil record exists, yes.

What exactly are you asking?