Don't you think dual federalism is fucking stupid?

It gives the federal government no power whatsoever. They can pretty much only deliver mail and declare war.

0|0
0|7

Most Helpful Guy

• Coming from a highly federalist country myself, I would say there are advantages and disadvantages. Federalism makes many things unnecessarily complicated and bureaucratic. It can also be a big hurdle when making new, progressive laws. On the other hand, it can also be a very good thing that the individual regions have a lot of autonomy. What usually happens in very centralist countries such as France is that the national government mostly cares about the capital city and everything around it is treated with a "whatever"-attitude. This can be seen very well in my girlfriend's home country South Korea (which is also very centralist organized). Many tourists who go to Seoul think "wow, what a highly developed and technologically advanced country!" And though this is true for the capital city Seoul, it's not true for the rest of the country. There are regions in Korea where you have an incredibly poor infrastructure. Also, people who come from the countryside are generally treated unfairly. My girlfriend told me that if you come from Jeolla-do, a very rural province in the south west of Korea and you live in Seoul, you are sometimes bullied in school, you have it harder to find a job and it's also extremely hard to become a national politician. Most Koreans who are not from Seoul even have to change their dialect so they sound like Seoul-people. This would be like somebody from Texas or Montana wanting to work in Washington D. C. and having to change his/her dialect so they sound as though they were born in Washington D. C. Many Koreans who have grown up in Seoul consider their fellow Koreans from other parts of the country as kind of weird, hillbillish or even stupid. One of the reasons for this is that other parts of the country don't have really top-notch schools and universities like Seoul does. But ironically, it's not these other regions fault, it's the fault of the national government in Seoul that doesn't give the other provinces enough money to build good schools, highways, train tracks, cultural buildings such as museums etc. etc. A similar problem also exists to some degree in Japan and - very strongly - in China. If you only visit the east coast of China, you will be amazed by all the wealthy people and the top-notch infrastructure. However, if you go to the rural parts in the west, which make up 90% of the country, you will find many extremely poor people living in desolate circumstances. So federalism has like everything bad but also good aspects.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• OMG, how would we get involved in pointless little wars in Asia and the Middle East if the federal government didn't have enough power?

0|1
    0|0
  • It's to keep the federal government out of people's lives.

0|1
    0|0
  • LOL IKR.. HAHAHAHAHA

0|0
    0|0
  • The entire point is to keep the Federal Government weak. The more power that is concentrated at the highest levels of government, the easier and more likely it will be that a totalitarian state will emerge.

0|0
    0|0
  • If there is any source that's good at messing things up it's the fed and I think the power belongs in the hands of the states not the fed.

0|0
    0|0
  • >can declare war
    >no power
    kek

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.