Do I need a credit card to live on my own?

I have never been on my own and I have always lived with family. I would like to get my own place but I heard you need a credit card to do that. is this true or false?

Most Helpful Girl

• You would need to build up credit, yes. A lot of places look for good credit scores.

• What she said ^^

• ohhh ok great thanks

• You're welcome! Good luck! :)

What Guys Said 2

• No but it helps, it's just hard finding a place with no credit history even if you don't use credit cards, you may need a credit score to rent a place and get a mortgage so if you never established credit somehow , then it's hard , even a car loan would establish credit, so unless you could buy a house in full it will be a problem

• What? Are you having all your money in a box or what? XD

What Girls Said 2

• It is possible to live without one but it's really hard and most people use one.
    It's definitely the best. It's easy.
    I would definitely advise you to use one.

• You need a credit card and pay it on a timely basis to build up your credit. Many places that rent to you will want to see that you have a good credit score. That way, it is a good indicator that you will pay your rent on time.