Do you need noise or a source of light in order to fall asleep?

Some need a night light, others need music, tv or a fan for noise. Some need quiet and pitch black. What do you need in order to fall asleep?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 26

• I don't need it to fall asleep but I often have back ground music playing to ground out other things

• No, I need silence.

• I need darkness and silence.

• I need silence and pitch black darkness.

• Yes, i sleep with my TV on, and sometimes my computer. When it is pitch black my mind wanders to deep and dark places and I need to either flinch or move to get myself free, so I just keep the TV on :P

• Certainly no noise. I don't like it pitch black in my room but there's always a little light coming in so that's no problem.
    I just need a comfortable bed and pillow, and I like to be nice and warm... as a skinny guy I'm not well insulated :D

• I sleep with a fan for white noise. If it's completely quiet I start hearing my own breathing and heartbeat.

• My roommate talks on the phone every night for a couple hours in the room next to mine with a low voice that reverberates. I can never sleep until he's done.

• No they do my head in I like it dark and quiet

• No light helps big time. Noise is a must but thats only to block out other background noise. If its super silent then peaceful silence is just right.

• If I'm tired enough I can fall asleep under almost any condition. But I prefer it be dark, cold, and quiet.

• I used to need complete black and quiet, but all the sudden I changed and now I need TV on and sometimes a little light on.

• Just a little bit of a light and dead silence. Street light that comes in between the curtains is enough.

• Noise I like. I have a fan running even when its cold, face it away from me, just for the noise. I hate light though.

• I hate noise, and lights too.
    Hotels with air conditioning/vents that refuses to turn itself off at night are the worst.

• I just don't sleep.

• The rain always helps me fall asleep and I always fall asleep on the couch in front of the TV all the time. Mom and Dad always have to disturb me.

• We always have hte TV on... plus the noise covers up things... ;)

• Yeah used to have my door fully open in bed, I don't know why... not anymore though.

• I could sleep anywhere, but a naked female body next to me is best

• I need nothing to be able to sleep except for a dark room. I like rainfall tho.

• Light would keep me awake. Noise - unless it's soft music, I'd stay awake with noise, too.

• no I'm the opposite... as dark and silent as possible please.

• A stuffed animal or I'll never fall asleep.

• The last ones

• Nope i can sleep when i need to

What Girls Said 18

• Usually I need a night light. If it's pitch black and I'm sleeping ALONE, my mind starts playing tricks on me and I can't sleep 🙈
    new2.fjcdn.com/.../Monsters_c0b634_1434801.jpg

• No, I need complete darkness and silence in order to fall asleep. I hate background noise, it will keep me awake.

• Well I couldn't fall asleep last night at all... I hate when a noise machine or a fan is going, but I can fall asleep to music. It depends how tired I am... I don't think that I can fall asleep with a light on though, but again... it depends how tired I am.

• I can fall asleep under literally any circumstances.
    Just give me a bed, a pillow and a blanket and I'm ready to nap 😅

• Not usually, but background noise doesn't bother me

• I listen to the sound of the fan.

• Pitch black and silence, otherwise I can't sleep.

• No, I prefer it to be dark and as quiet as possible.

• I can fall asleep without noise from a tv, but I prefer it.

• My guy likes white noise which I've learned to deal with but normally i like silence.

• When I was a child.

Now I can pretty much sleep anywhere.
    I woke up in another city once because I fell asleep on the bus.

• I need sound but only a tv will work, even music doesn't help, I also need it to be completely dark

• I need darkness, light keeps me from getting to sleep

• i need my tv and lights

• I need silence and peace to sleep.

• I only like a bit of street light through the window, but I want no sounds at all.

• Just dark and quietness

• I need some light, my door open, my air conditioner on (for noise), and my fan on (also for noise).