What percentage of Americans would you say have a moral compass?

• 90 percent
  • 80 percent
  • 70 percent
  • 50 percent
  • 30 percent
  • 20 percent
  • 10 percent
A lot of people saying people decide for themselves what is moral and what is not. That is the downfall of civilization.

Most Helpful Guy

• Boy that's a good question.

Moral compass? Probably 90%.

Functioning, accurate moral compass, and the skill and character to actually use it? Closer to 20% max.

What Girls Said 6

• 100%

No matter how mainstream or utterly deranged it may be, everyone has their own code, their own sense of what they think is right and wrong.

• It's not 100% because people do not get to decide for themselves what it right and wrong. That is not the definition of a moral compass.

• That must be unsettling🙁

now that I think of it, I would place my money on the fact that so many people are not instructed as to how their emotions truly work. Raising people to a higher level of self awareness would do wonders for society in my opinion.

• Yep, anything in the right direction is a good thing.

• I must say that I am not terribly impressed with the US in general.

• TO ALL MY TROLLS HATERZ haha! um sound like 90 percent!

• The majority of us have basic morality down pat. Sociopaths are obvious exceptions.

A lot of morality is subjective so this is hard to answer.

To some premarital sex is immoral but not to others. To some eating pork is immoral.

But to most of us, murder, rape, theft etc is immoral. To me that's a basic sense of morality. Infringing on the rights of others, harming someone else etc that's obviously immoral and I think almost all of us know that.

• Maybe 60 % lol

• I guess it's cool to hate on America now
    Get off our American website then

What Guys Said 18

• i'd say 99% if not all. i think most if not all people have a moral compass... that said a moral compass doesn't necessarily mean they have good morals

• I agree with the general opinion, not more than 20% actually have a moral compass. Most would SAY they do, but that compass doesn't point north! All the Obama clowns for example, nothing b ut lies about supposedly ending the wars..

• Everyone has one. Some just stray far from the rest of the pack.

• Fifty percent have a functioning moral compass.
    As a country we are like a jerk with a heart of gold who is also slightly insane

• Schizophrenic may be the right word. America is schizophrenic and Europe is senile. The Arab world is now like a zombie hoard, especially with the arrival of ISIS. Africa is developmentally delayed, Asia is kinda lost and confused, and Australia... is Australia.

• @ObscuredBeyond quite immoral contradictions, besides hypothetical.

• @ObscuredBeyond I would upvote it too.

• I would say over 90%. The problem is that people don't all use the same compass, and are often ignorant to their own flaws. The majority still try to do the right thing though.

• I have a magnetic compass... Does that count?

• You mean how many people live up to YOUR morals? Everyone has their own morals. Even murderers and rapists have their own morals. They might justify their actions somehow.

The way you are viewed depends a lot on how much your personal morals line up with the set of morals that was made into law.

• That depends on the moral system it points to. They probably have one unless they are sociopaths or psychopaths, which most people aren't. They just think differently about different things.

• What are you talking about?
    Everyone has a moral compass they use. It just so happens that it can be identical to someone else's or entirely unique
    (The unique ones give us tragedies a lot)

• I think your idea of what a moral compass is, is a little skewed. I think what you're trying to ask is something like, "How many Americans would you say adhere to the ethical standard inherent in most of Western Civilization?"

• morals have to be taught. sure obvious things like murder and stealing is obvious but we do not hve the insight to know it well.

unless you studied the bible, you won't know very well. it is where morals originated from

• Morals go out the window in the face of greed your capatalist master know there's a price for everything nowadays

• We all do except I'm guessing you believe us opininion is magnetic North

• Hah, easy, the percentage that votes for Ted Cruz.

• Fucking Canadian sleeper agent,

• Lmfao, that was an oops

• Is moral compass code word for something else?

• Why the yanks in particular?

• Fuck if I know, Interestingly enough, the man who the song Yankee doodle dandy is about comes from my town

• @Lonewolf_1296 Oh, I haven't slept since seven am yesterday, I am that by mistake

• @Lonewolf_1296 Its finals and I finished them give me a break

• 98-99% of people.

• This is very subjective.

• morals don't exist and are completely subjectie.