What is your favorite martial arts style?

• Muay Thai
  • Karate
  • Judo
  • Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
  • Taekwondo
  • Kung Fu
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• for full-contact, systema is my favourite one, although I've never tried krav maga or eskrima.

for competitive martial arts, muay thai, because it is better to fight standing in my opinion.

• Muay thai's more practical.

• @ZellRocx666 I love muay thai, it seems to be the only striking system that makes the most out of balance, co-ordination not to mention full-striking range (knees and elbows) and more powerful roundhouse kicks are used (better than the karate or taekwondo roundhouse in my opinion). that said taekwondo can be extremely effective, especially used in combination with thai boxing.

What Girls Said 6

• Taekwondo but I'm extremely biased.

• i have to say karate cause it's what i practice! :P they're all really cool though!

• aikido - i took some classes. learning breakfalls is pretty useful
    ... and karate

• Well I've tried Muay Thai, Judo & Ninjutsu and Ninjutsu was my fav but that wasn't even on your list so I voted Muay Thai ;P

• Ninjutsu was on there, under other :P
      And you are just all kinds of cool :)

• Lol please.. Categorising ninjutsu as "other" would be such an insult 💁🏻
      But thank you hahah 😅💖

• Yeah, sorry about that.
      And you are very welcome!

• Wing chun is my fav but after that muay thai

• King Fu out of the poll options. I like martial arts in general but that one is pretty interesting. Capoeira is also interesting. I'd like to maybe learn krav maga.

What Guys Said 13

• 0|1
  • Kung Fu all the way!
    Especially Wing Chun, the style of Hong Kong Grand Master Legend Bruce Lee and Ip Man!

• How about Jeet Kun do?

• There is some truth to that. His main purpose to create this style is that it will allow him to incorporate his martial arts in movies.

• His theories pretty much make him the father of modern mixed martial arts.

• 0|1
  • Muay Thai isn't a martial art. But it's my favorite that's up there. I voted on BJJ as my favorite martial art.

• Muay Thai derived from Muay Boran, a fighting style developed strictly for war. So it is a martial art in every sense of the word.

• Muay Boran may be considered a martial art but Muay Thai is the name of a combat sport. It's not officially a martial art.

• I thought it just meant kickboxing, but you can learn the style withought ever getting in the ring.

• Drunken master.. Lol

• My favorites are Kung Fu, Aikido and Ninjutsu.

• Mine would be Jiu-Jitsu and Kickboxing. I always wanted to study some Akido though, it looks real cool :)

• Yeah, there's somany excellent styles out there!
      I been in love with silat and Kamala knife fighting since watching The Raid: Redemption. Guess i just love that beatiful and deadly movement.

• Me too, Silat is cool, both indonesian and malaysian version.

• I think Kung Fu looks the best. Which is actually the best? Depends on what it's used for.

• This question is for you @Jxpxtxr. :P. As for me I pick Wing Chun Kung Fu. My Ancestors were Practitioners of it, and I want to learn it too. I do like Muay Thai, and Kickboxing though so yeah. :D.

• akido
    filler

• Kung Fu is cool

• Of those options, I like jiu-listu. But I prefer boxing.

• Taekwondo since I use kicks. Currently doing karate since there is no taekwondo dojo in my area..

• Taekwondo studios use to pop up all over the place, usually if there was a Karate school there was Taekwondo school down the road lol

• I know :P Recently a mma school that includes taekwondo opened but first I have to get my black belt in karate.

• MMA schools the wave of the future lol

• Kung Fu consists of over 300 styles...

• Yeah, fell free to pick any one of them. They all have their basis in the same thing.

• My favorite Kung Fu styles are Baguazhang, Wing Tsun and Hung Ga Kuen