What are reasons behind gray hair?

Beyond old age and stress. I'm mainly curious because my little sister was braiding my hair a few days ago and found a gray hair. She's been teasing me since then. Is it odd to start getting gray hair at my age? Please tell me I'm not the only one!😭

Most Helpful Guy

• It can happen at all ages just more common the older you get. I know a girl that has been fully grey since 21, she keeps a cupboard full of hair dye in so she never has to leave the house with it showing.

• Ah, I only have a few and I'm blaming college stress lol but it kinda freaked me out knowing it's already starting.

• Just tell her its only 8 years to go until its her turn lol or be an evil sister and tell her u started at 14 so she better keep quiet or next year you'll tell everyone she has grey hair haha

• Oh goodness I should! Lol thanks! :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a few that no one can see unless they get close. I don't know much about it. I just don't pull it because my mom says if you do more will grow. haha My dad when he was 20 had all his hair according to my mom white. I am not sure but he dyes her hair ever since.

• I've heard that too! It doesn't bother me terribly, it's just annoying that my sister teases me about it lol

• haha! Oh wow sibling are anynoing! They never leave!

What Guys Said 3

• Wish I knew. I've been part brown / part gray since 15. Several high schoolers teased me. Wanted to punch each of them in their nose but had to pretend like it didn't bother me or else the teasing would've escelated even further.

• I started noticing grey hairs about your same age. I noticed they kind of stopped growing, up until last year. Now I have grey hair all over, even on the beard. I don't care honestly, but you can attribute early graying to genetics, not because you're old.

• Stress most likely, sucks about me though is that I have pure black hair. Gray will show immediately 😁

What Girls Said 3

• I have some for stressing too much.

• Well no you are not! I got a gray hair at 24 from stress! And it is hereditary as well which sucks.

• I'm not sure if mine is hereditary or not, I'm just assuming it's from stress. But it's good to hear I'm not alone!

• Ask your mom. And excessive stress is NOT good it can attack your immune system.

• Marriage

People who suck the life out of you and wear you down