Guys, why are guys not open about their feelings like girls are?

I am always open about my feelings to my boyfriend or my best friend which is a guy but he doesn't always tell me stuff that i think he should does he not trust me or something please help me...

14

Most Helpful Guy

• We're taught since we're kids to be tough deal with your own problems. So, we're not as open as girls are. I normally don't tell anyone about my problems and try to solve them myself.

What Guys Said 13

• You are trying to find an answer at age of 13, to a question to which women even at age of 31 keep wondering.
    And you won't find that answer cause to answer it we will have to open our feelings and we can't open our feelings.
    In simple words. There is a treasure chest which gets locked automatically on closing but it needs key to unlock it and "The key to unlock the treasure chest is kept inside the treasure chest and the treasure chest is closed." so unless you have the key you cannot unlock the chest and to get the key you need to open the chest to find the key and to open chest you need key...
    But there is a way, boys don't open up easily, you need to be really good with words and if the boy is intelligent and he is a bit drunk and has deep thoughts, and trust you with his soul then the chest will itself hand you over the key and let you open it and explore it. But it's price will be a lifetime of trust between you two..

• I'm guarded because my feelings have been used against me as ammunition by women that I thought cared about me and respected me.

• Men and women are not the same.

Men bond through physical exertion and action, whereas women bond through verbal communication. Men tend to separate their feelings from the discussion, whereas women include their feelings to gain a strong sense of understanding of one another.

Men's priorities are different than women's priorities.

• We have feelings and cry. It's just man have this tough reputation to uphold.

• We're conditioned from childhood not to show certain emotions. It can be difficult to get some guys to open up and express certain feelings.

• I am always open with my feelings.

I think you have to be open in a relationship to make it work it well. Its very important

• Shhh! Dont tell people guys have feelings... Its cuz we r suposed to be tough 💪💪

• Men have been conditioned to be "strong" and therefore not emotional.

Some of us do emote, but we're not really good at it. Too awkward, but that's just our nature.

• This is not a male-female black and white thing. But I'm very introverted anyway so it's just part of that for me.

• I doubt it has anything to do with trust. I guess it has to do with the fact that we are raised that way. Guys are supposed to be strong and therefore we aren't that prone to expressing our feelings. We do have feelings though xD

• Because we're more sensitive and insecure than girls.

• Boys are discouraged from sharing, expressing or even focusing on most of their feelings, beyond pride, excitement and resilient fortitude, from around age 3 onward.

Many of them have trouble even describing what they're feeling, because they tend to try to ignore it themselves.

• Because gender roles, we're taught that displaying our feelings is "unmanly" and that we're weak.

• oh ok thank you

• Plus, to make it worse, you're 13 which I'm assuming means you're in middle school. I can honestly say those are some of the most insecure times in a person's life.

• i am fixing to be 14 but thank you