Is 14 years old a minor?

Is 14 years old a minor, meaning able to get piercings and tattoos with consent?

Thanks to your answers, I have been able to get my lip pierced for Christmas since this convinced my parents
Thank you all

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, that makes you a minor in many places in the world.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't get tattoos. They look like cold scrotums when you get old.

What Girls Said 9

• Yes, depending on where you live you have to be either 16 or 18 to be able to go do those things without a parent or guardian.

• Yes. In my state you must be 18 or older for both, even if you have parental consent, however, for the state by us, which is jut across a river, the age is 14 and above for piercings, with parental consent, most states don't allow tattoos unless the individual is 16 and has parent consent.

• 14 is a minor (at least I know it is in the U. S.) and in most places you cannot get certain things pierced even with consent. Many places decide that only 16 and older are able to get pierced with parental consent. Tattoos though you usually have to be 18

• I'm pretty sure everyone under 18 or 21(idk which) is a minor

• 14 is a minor, but you need to be 16 to get piercings and tattoos with consent (at least where I am)

• Yeah, I believe you need to be 18-16 years old depending on your location.

• yes it is.

• You can get piercings with adult consent at 14 yes, but nothing EXTREME [genitals, etc.]. SOME tattoo places, and by some I mean ones you probably don't want to go to, will tattoo a minor as it is legal with parental consent if you're over 16. Any reputable tattoo parlor wouldn't touch anyone under 18.

• Yes, you are still a minor. In the UK, I believe you are legal at 16. In Canada, 19. In the USA, 21.

• Also, I really advise you not to get a tattoo at that age. It's just not a good idea.

What Guys Said 6

• Yup minor af!

Laws are different everywhere though
    but usually it's 18 to 21

• Minor.. yes it is. You can get a piercing done at that age but most will ask you to come with your parents :P Same goes for inking but it is a more difficult matter. I got a piercing at 13 and inked at 15 ;)

• You shouldn't be able to get a tattoo if you can't answer this question on your own.

• Yes, 14 is a minor.

• I think each state has their own laws. Yes, 14 is considered a minor.

• If you mean unable, yes.