How do you handle depression?

Most Helpful Guy

• 49.media.tumblr.com/.../...bfg2dW1qz6f4bo1_500.gif

^ xD

Seriously though, talk to someone you can trust (best friend/sister/cousin/mom/teacher/etc.). When we don't talk to anybody and shut ourselves away from the world, our irrational thoughts can sometimes get the better of us and wrongfully convince us that we are alone. Do not let yourself fall into that trap.

Also, do some physical exercise, which I've found really helps. A lot!

If you like driving, drive around for a bit (safely) and look at stuff. The Christmas lights in the streets are lovely this time of year. Listen to the car radio.

• Also, there is a saying, that sometimes the bridge between despair and hope is a good night's sleep.

• Thank you for the M. H. O. star. :) Hope you are doing okay!

Most Helpful Girl

• I carry on with my life while feeling like I want to just fade away inside.

Keeping yourself busy helps, put some meaning into your life. Give yourself a reason to get up and go out and do stuff. If you can't make yourself happy, try making others happy. It kinda rubs off on you and you forget how utterly depressing you find your life, if even for a short while.

What Guys Said 4

• Lift weights. Best anti-depressant there is!

• 🙈 it can be hard are you ok

• Chill with friends,
    Exercise (soccer, running etc)

• By making it all one joke, bad way to handle depression I know. How do you deal with depression?

What Girls Said 5

• What I do is a give myself a "grieving period": I give myself a week of self pity and let go some of my responsibilities (such as working out, nitty gritty cleaning, etc) and let myself wallow and work through the issues. After a week, even if I don't feel 100%, I make myself get back into my regular routine so I can eventually get back to normalcy.

• i look for what's causing it and make the decision to do something about it. it's so so hard, but i force myself until it becomes a habit. so much easier said than done, but better to try than not try at all.

• I talk to people online and sleep it off!

• Pray. Cry. Write. Listen to music. Meditate. Soul search.

• Lots of surfing, running and listening to music...