Im trying to learn about Navy, Airforce, Army an so on?

Im 18 and looking forward to finding a high salary career. People have told me to do something in the Airforce or Army etc. (Ive been told im good with animals, art and helping others) My question is I dont want to work with guns or go into war at all. I want to work with helping people or animals. Like a vetanarian or humanitarian, do they have those choices in the (navy, army, airforce ect)? Tell me EVERYTHING I need to know about this please, Or other recommendations

Most Helpful Guy

• So you won't make much on your pay grade in the military. Everyone in all branches get paid the same for their respective ranks. An E-4 infantry marine gets paid the same as an E-4 Air Force technician or E-4 sailor that works navigation on a submarine etc. The only real money some military people make is through signing contract bonuses. For example, there are Air Force bonuses that sign like an extra $100,000 for fighter pilots to fly for them for like 10 years. But besides that 100k they are still being paid whatever their rank is compared to anyone else with that same promotion and for an extended number of years that bonus isn't too huge.

There are tons of non combat roles. You'll need to do research and find an MOS for each branch that you'd like and see if there's a signing contract that guarantees you a shot at having that as your job. I don't know of any specifics on humanitarian or medial roles asides from Combat medics and military surgeons and nurses (and I doubt you'd want to be the former and with the latter two you'd need to go into med/nursing school same as any other doctor or nurse in the country).

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't seem like its easy!

What Guys Said 8

• I would say the national guard as they are often deployed to help with forest fires and natural disasters in their areas but they are also the first ones deployed when we go to war or get in a scuffle with terrorists or another nation.

The military in general in not a place for someone like you if you want to help people and animals focus on being a veterinarian or perhaps a nurse or doctor, something along those lines but stay out of the military.

• Okay thankyou. Im just dissapointed a little because I feel like im too sensitive for them. Lol
      I know it too much for me though.

• A gal like you trust me does not belong in the military they'd eat you alive.

• they all have everything. I don't know if you still have to go through basic training, though. but you can be pretty much anything in the armed forces, but i doubt it. I don't know why you want to do them in the armed forces as opposed to working in the private sector, though.

• Having anything to do with the government and such it gives you a big name and I've just heard you get paid well if you join them

• your pay grade won't be that much. when looking at the jobs available, if you aren't going to grad school, you're looking at a gs-05/gs-07. I don't know if you finish grad school whether you're at a gs-07 or gs-09.

• thankyou (:

• My dad was navy 20 years🙂

• Ask him for me what women can do in navy please (:
      (Thats not life endangering for me)

• You don't want to go to war, don't join the military. It's also not high-pay

• Thats not right, people risking there lives for this country and not paid well.

• You're least likely to be in combat in the Air Force.

• Army has vet choices

• If you don't want to go to war, then why are you joining?

• Nurse. They're always looking for nurses/first aid

What Girls Said 1

• The best you could do is to talk to recruiters from different branches. They have more information that can help you. I do know that you can be a veterinarian in the army.