How can I get over my biggest fear?

I have a huge fear of airplanes. I seen movies and documentary shows about plane crashes some movies I've seen where planes even blow up. Me and my brother are watching a show right now where a family was in a plane crash they survived but it killed the pilot and they're friend. I haven't been on a plane since I was 3 I don't remember it I'm glad I don't. I think they're cool to watch and look at but id hate to be on one again. We're going to Florida in a few months we don't know if we're flying or driving if we fly I'm not going. Im just terrified of them. How can I get over this fear?

Most Helpful Girl

• Here are some airplane accident statistics that may help ease your mind: http://www.planecrashinfo.com/cause.htm According to this site, the odds of being killed on a single airline flight are "1 in 4.7 million." Your odds of dying in a car crush are much higher.

It's a natural fear, though. Turbulence always freaks me out. What helps me is looking over at the flight attendants and watching their calm faces.

Bring things that will distract you -- music, a book, etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• It all depends on the type of person you are. I am pretty analytical so I would tell you to learn a bit about aerodynamics and lift so you have a better understanding of how they work. Looking at statistics and realizing that way more people die in car crashes than in plain crashes may also help. But I don't know if that would work for you.

Or you could just walk around on the carpet bare foot and make fists with your toes after you land...

What Girls Said 1

• Try not to sit at a window and try to trick yourself into thinking you're in a car or a ship or something.

What Guys Said 0