Do you think this is rude?

So, part of my class was talking to this high schooler and he asked us what we wanted to be. My friend and I said we wanted to be a lawyer. He started going on about how that would be too hard, and it's not like what it is on TV, and we wouldn't be able to handle people hating us. And the whole time he talked to us he would make comments about how being a lawyer would be stupid because there's so many of them. He told me and my friend just to be a nurse, that it would be easier. He said that we could've chosen anything but we had to be a lawyer. I just think that it was rude, but I didn't know if I was the only one that thought that. I just don't think he had the right to tell us that, because that's what I've always wanted to be, a lawyer. My mom said he was just crushing our dreams. But, I still don't think he had the right to tell us that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well screw him. I plan on going to law school after I finish undergraduate school. Don't let him deter you. And there's just as much competition among nursing as there is among law. Don't let him crush your dreams. It'll be tough but it's definitely doable the only thing that will stop you is if you lose determination.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly who care what this kid though?

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, he didn't have the right to tell you that. I think he was being disrespectful.

• He was trying to help but he's very cynical. I personally think if you're not living your life howbyou want toblive it than life isn't worth living

• Yeah, i think he was, he should know you can't dictate how people's lives are going to be lived, that's their choice, i wouldn't hold anything against you if you did react telling him to F off or something, but yeah, he's in the wrong, you and your mum are in the right

• He has the right to say whatever the fuck he wants, just as you have the right (and pleasure) of proving him wrong.

• He sounds sexist

However, it's true, most women become nurses, not lawyers. They like to take care of the sick, not protect the accused

What Girls Said 1

• yeah, nobody gave him the license to be such a dick.