What do you think of my custom-built gaming PC?

I built it with handpicked componemnts, to get the greatest bang for my buck! Isn't she a smoking hot beauty?

My specs:-

AMD FX 8320 3.5 Ghz 8 core processor
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO cooler
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x 3GB Dual X graphics card
Corsair 800W Power Supply
Corsair Spec-01 cabinet
Transcend 8GB DDR 3 1333MHhz RAM
Seagate 1 TB internal hard disk
Asus DVD writer
Logitech 5.1 surround speakers
Western Digital 3TB external had disk
Viewsonic 21.5 inch 1080p monitor
Cooler Master Devastator keyboard and mouse
XBox 360 controller

P. S. It may be modest by developed country standards, but in my country, these kinda PCs are uncommon.

• Wow, you've got yourself a stunner!
  • Calm down, it ain't that great!

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow!! I have no idea you were this smart! Or I am getting stupid!

• Building computers is easy, it sounds much harder than it really is. It's just expensive lego really :P

• For the win :)

• ummm, different standards for smart in the east and west XD

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. AMD CPUs are hot as hell, ad use a lot of power. And the bulzoer/piledriver chips are outdated. You'd get an equally good Intel CPU for the same price, with no need for an aftermarket cooler.

2. GPU is okay, but still last gen. I'd suggest an r9 380 instead. More Vram leeway.

3. 800w psu? Unless you're going to casemod a minibar with a mixmaster into that case, 800w will be downright overkill. 550w would be more than enough.

4. 1333mhz ram is outdated. 4 years ago. Should've gotten at least 1600mhz.

In therms of performance it's a decent gaming rig. But in therms of parts picked you could've saved a fair bit of cash here, i suspect. Also get your bloody cable management fixed! That desk looks like a rat's nest XD

Sorry, just the PC gamer in me speaking there ^^

• I understand, but I live in a third world country where hardware costs are significantly higher than in developed countries, due to import taxes and customs. And I'm not a rich man, so this is the best I could afford! :)

• Yeah, as of now it is serving my purpose. I can play almost all latest games on ultra settings, if I can keep anti-aliasing tuned off. That feature is anyway not worth the performance hit. I do get over 30 fps in most cases.

I'm bot sure what kind of a rig I'll be building in my new country, but it's gonna take a while. I need to move, find a job there, rent a 1 BHK apartment, and then get into the PC stuff. I'm looking at over 6 months, from the time I move (which will be in February 2016).

But hardware costs there are not that steep, so I'll be looking to build something much more powerful than this. Will not go 4K, but I'm looking at something can can run modern games at 1440p. Depending on the kind of job and pay I get over there, I may also consider a crossfire setup.

• i'd recomend trying to bring your rig, or at least pieces of it. The case can be left behind, but pack the CPU and mobo back into its original case. Bring the CPU, mobo, gpu, ram and hard drives with you (just whipe them completely first).

Sure, it'll be about 200usd to get the parts you now lack, but it should be possible to get it with you. And if you get a proper cooler for that CPU, you can overclock it A LOT XD
      Combine that with a new GPU, and you got a solid PC that'll last a couple years more.

What Girls Said 3

• That looks pretty Damn cool

• Looks pretty cool, great job!

• Looks hi tech

What Guys Said 20

• I'm seeing that motherboard everywhere. I work as a computer tech and I was working on a system today with the exact same board (it was fried). Had a customer bring in a computer with the exact same board. Now I see it again here.

Bizarre.

• That's because this board offers great value for money! I always go for the cheapest motherboard which supports the slots/ports I want, since it is a passive component and doesn't really contribute towards the performance or efficiency of the PC.

• sigh... You're better off cutting budget from the GPU and accessories to get an Intel CPU. 800w is overkill.

No amount of OC'ing for the AMD cpu will match up for intel performance. AMD cpus of now are just barely matching up to Intel cpus of 3/4 generations ago (think sandy bridge). It's not even the case of being power efficient. You got a CPU that is trying to match up to performance that existed 7 years ago.

• I wanted some extra buffer wattage, so I use an 800W PSU. Besides, the type of games I play are much more dependent on GPU than CPU. So this type of build really fits my requirements.

I used Intel before, but I have stuck to an AMD CPU and GPU combo for almost 5 years now. I'm pretty much satisfied with it. :)

• Sweet rig but it could use some upgrading, if I remember right you said you were coming here to the US correct? Well if that's true you'll be able to get the best parts on the market, and make it truly top notch.

I have a custom built gaming rig myself.

• Umm... nope! The immigration process to the US is a mess! So I'll be moving to Australia.

Yeah, I didn't upgrade it because I have to leave it behind anyway once I move.

• Well... not really! I mean.. yeah, it might be possible if I really try, but it will obviously take several years and loads of efforts. I just need to determine if the US is really so much better than Australia, to justify all that effort and waiting time. Need to consider the trade-offs. I wouldn't want to be a wrinkly old man by the time I become legal in the US, and hence being unable to enjoy whatever the country has to offer! :P

• Well you know what I mean and lol well you wouldn't be a wrinkly old man by the time you got in -_- well I mean unless you age poorly lol.

• Can it run Minecraft?

• Great computer, I would like to have such gaming PC

• AMD? Bruuhhhh you dun goofed!!
    jk, what a sexy ride u have there

• Yeah yeah, i do understand the negativity surrounding AMD. Hardware prices here are through the roof, due to import taxes and customs. This is the best i could afford! :)

• the desk is a representation of our motherland XD, the only component made in india (though others might have been in sweatshops too :O )

• sorry, wrong place

• Looks solid OP. Newegg? Lol that is one poverty looking desk though. Upgrade the desk and you got yourself a solid setup OP.

• Newegg doesn't deliver in my country! And even if they did, I'd have to pay a lot as import duties and customs.

I didn't bother changing the table, because anyway I will be moving to a different country in 2 months, and I'll have to leave this baby behind!

• You did well, except personally I might have put that 3TB WD HDD inside the computer and tossed the Seagate in the trash.

• I was actually running short on budget at the time of building it, so had to settle for a 1TB internal drive. The external one, I purchased during my next month's salary! :P

• Still a sweet set! :)

• Haha thanks! I'm actually saddened to leave this baby behind! I'll be moving to a different country in a couple of months. Of course, i will build a better one there, but it takes time to get settled first! :(

My younger brother is one lucky bugger, he'll get to use this after I leave... for free! :P

• Bruhh the monitor is bugging me go 27" 1440p

• @Ihav2fart

Yeah, I would love to! Actually, I had a 29 inch plasma TV hooked to my PC, but a voltage fluctuation fried it. This monitor was a temporary arrangement, since I was short of funds. But then I decided to immigrate to a different country, so I never bothered upgrading it because in any case I'll have to leave it behind here.

I'll be immigrating in a couple of months, and once I get settled there with a job, I'll be building a bigger, badder beast than this! ;)

• Yeah custom built is better... You can upgrade in the future if you want to that's the advantage but a little costly than the prebuilt one but I tend to lean to the Intel side just like the skylake build, their new generation processor

• Intel is too expensive for my budget! Besides, I overclock my AMD CPU a bit, especially since I also have a custom cooler.

I have used Intel before, but for over 5 years now, I have stuck with an AMD processor and AMD graphics card combo. It has worked well for me!

• Yeah, I do understand the thing about power efficiency and sockets with Intel. But power isn't that expensive here in India, so I prefer to go with AMD.

I may switch to Intel after I immigrate to Australia next year and get settled there, but I'm not sure yet. Maybe I'll also buy a Wii U console.

• Good thing bills in India are not expensive... So no worries about power efficiency... in the Philippines damn the bills are expensive for an average person unless you are rich don't worry about bills and stuff... the thing I love amd, they are cheap and a lots of cores

• Damn!! That whole unit looks like it's about to get up a walk off the table lol beastly

• Wow it looks like something robocop and ironman would jack off to

• It looks very nice and modern. I always was a console player tho.

• I haven't owned or played on a console since the Nintendo 64 days!

• Get a bigger mouse pad.
    I can't live without my large mouse pad haha.

• Yeah, I will do that, in the new country I'll be moving to. Will leave this behind anyway.

• Wow.

Personally, I would have gone with 16gb of ram... but damn, that looks like a beast.

• I am pretty sure he has slot for another 8 GB card, so that can be done anytime. What I would suggest is an SSD. It doesn't really need to be big, since you have that 3 TB external, but it will boost the overall performance ^^

• @Squidward

Yeah, I have been thinking of an SSD myself. But I won't upgrade this machine any further, since I will be immigrating to a different country in a couple of months. I'll be leaving this behind for my younger brother, and look to build a better one once I'm settled in that country! :)

• cool , i want to install some new game like NFS 2015 but my spec is too low ; p

• Just build a new PC! Hardware prices have come down significantly.

• No idea if it's good (filthy console peasant here) but it looks cool bro.

• Haha, consoles have their own plusses as well! And some great exclusives too!

• I think you're a dork

• should have got a better gpu and ram... it was going so well but those ruined it