Would you prefer to live on the mainland or on an island?

And where do you live now?

• Mainland
  • Island

Most Helpful Girl

• I live in the midwest in the United States, so about as mainland as you can get. I would prefer to stay on the mainland, but would not be opposed to any of the British Isles, since they are all fairly large and close to the mainland.

Most Helpful Guy

• I spent some time on Oahu and after a few weeks it seemed weird not being able to drive more than 20 miles in any direction. An island is OK for a while but I wouldn't want to live on one full time.

What Girls Said 2

• Ooooohhh, I'd love to live on an island.
    I live on the mainland.

• Some sort of island by myself...

What Guys Said 7

• Mainland. I was born and raised in an island and it gets boring. Unless it's a big island like Australia, most islands tend to be smaller and lack activities cause there's not many people.
    Also, you gotta take a plane to go basically anywhere, while if you're on the mainland, you can take a train, bus, or car.

Mainland offers waaaay more opportunities than an island, which is just great for vacation.

• If I lived on an island, it would have to be a big one like one of the Hawaii islands. Traveling would take too long, and you'd probably have to do it often. That would be a pain.

• I'd prefer living on an Island - vote 'B'

I currently live on an Island city but it's not really the type of island I want to be on, this one is something like New York or Tokyo - the commercial captial

• I prefer islands for vacation, mainland for dwelling...
    My country is on a peninsula☺

• The only Island I would live on is Britain.

• Island for life.

• On the mainland. I grew up on a tiny island, now I live in a city, it's much better. There's nothing to do on the island. I go to the island for holidays, I hate the trip, 10 hours on a boat