Would you prefer to live on the mainland or on an island?

And where do you live now?

• Mainland
    50% (5)56% (10)54% (15)Vote
  • Island
    50% (5)44% (8)46% (13)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
3|8

Most Helpful Girl

• I live in the midwest in the United States, so about as mainland as you can get. I would prefer to stay on the mainland, but would not be opposed to any of the British Isles, since they are all fairly large and close to the mainland.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I spent some time on Oahu and after a few weeks it seemed weird not being able to drive more than 20 miles in any direction. An island is OK for a while but I wouldn't want to live on one full time.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Ooooohhh, I'd love to live on an island.
    I live on the mainland.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some sort of island by myself...

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Mainland. I was born and raised in an island and it gets boring. Unless it's a big island like Australia, most islands tend to be smaller and lack activities cause there's not many people.
    Also, you gotta take a plane to go basically anywhere, while if you're on the mainland, you can take a train, bus, or car.

Mainland offers waaaay more opportunities than an island, which is just great for vacation.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I lived on an island, it would have to be a big one like one of the Hawaii islands. Traveling would take too long, and you'd probably have to do it often. That would be a pain.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd prefer living on an Island - vote 'B'

I currently live on an Island city but it's not really the type of island I want to be on, this one is something like New York or Tokyo - the commercial captial

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer islands for vacation, mainland for dwelling...
    My country is on a peninsula☺

0|1
    0|0
  • The only Island I would live on is Britain.

0|0
    0|0
  • Island for life.

0|1
    0|0
  • On the mainland. I grew up on a tiny island, now I live in a city, it's much better. There's nothing to do on the island. I go to the island for holidays, I hate the trip, 10 hours on a boat

0|1
    0|0