Why to so many pay attention to the supposed rise of 'Feminism', rather than seeing it as propaganda perpetuated by threatened male power brokers?

In truth, males and all should embrace the true ethos of Feminism and how it empowers women

Most Helpful Girl

• Just as people are blindly hating Islam for the terrorist attacks, people blame all those who call themselves feminists for what the extremist, feminist crusaders do. There are some mental people out there doing stupid things in the name of feminism. Things I, as someone who does believe that feminism is a good thing, disagree with.

• I think Feminism is awesome

It is unfortunate so many believe in the myth of Feminism concocted by the threatened elite

• you are a very agreeable woman ;)

• Haha! Some may hasten to disagree :)

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think it's very smart to just follow a specific rise, group or label because all of those seems to change and they seem to shift their focus at times. Sometimes they have very valid points and sometimes they're just being down right hateful.

I feel like the majority of people in Western Culture are for equality, they're just not for extremes.

I also don't assume that every male who is against feminism is against equality or threatened by female power. I just like to get to know everyone individually and see what their views are.

• but what would men get from being feminists?

• they would benefit from more empowered, strong women

• @Azara I know hat he meant... of course it's being promoted because of $. but he sounded semi serious too, so I was curious.

• I can't see why any guy would want to be a feminist.

What Guys Said 7

• I fully support equal rights and empowering women to be able to do their own thing. I am not a supporter of how this has been handled thus far. In my opinion there has been way too much attacking people for inequalities over trying to focus on fixing these inequalities. I also feel that if we are focusing on equal rights then there are rights that women have over men that should also be addressed if we are seeking equality.

• To be honest, I don't think feminism does anything for men's rights. It just suppresses men. I'm all for egalitarianism. Now THIS is true gender equality. Feminism, as it stands today, is nothing but a social evil, aimed at establishing women's superiority over men.

• bhai ji, I think it is made out to attack male rights, but its truth is it compliments

• I think this was in response to the global outrage of that terrible attack in Dehli a few years back :(

Where it prompted media outlets like the BBC to dig deep into gender issues in India

• @gobsmacked3

The problem is, crimes against women is a hot topic in India now, and the media is just cashing in on it. If a woman is raped, it becomes national headlines, and is covered in the front page. But if a man is beheaded, it only appears as a small snipped on the 4th or 5th page of the newspaper.

My good friend's wife is a journalist, and she did say that journalists have been asked to glorify crimes against women, and also 'convert' cases of consensual sex to rape whenever possible, to be eligible for 'bonus' payments and perks.

• Yeah that's not going to happen FYI the real feminism movement died a long time ago, I agree with the core value and belief that the first generation of it had but anything after that I do not agree with, it's only become more and more messed up as the decades pass. I in no way support or encourage modern feminism in anyway, never will.

• I do not believe that their is a rise in feminism, I think that the movement has become more powerful then it has previously, and as such it has changed the face of many political discussions. I disagree that everyone should embrace it, as I feel that it's a hate movement couched in language of acceptance. That it is not now nor has it ever been truly about "equal rights" but uses the words in an Orwellian double speak, to hide it's own hypocrisy.

• I don't ascribe to feminism personally, because i think they get some significant issues wrong. I will only side with feminists on a case by case basis, but i have no desire of becomming a feminist myself

• If you look at "men's right activists" you will notice most of their activism involves insulting feminists...

• The "true ethos of Feminism" is not even a blip on the radar of the modern feminist movement, which is irretrievably broken and quickly being replaced by egalitarianism.