How come black people always side with Brown people?

I mean like middle easterners and stuff. I swear to GOD this isn't racist, just an observation. Whenever someone says something bad about brown people, black people will tear you the fuck apart. Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe, because we can relate to them. We are called "niggers." They are called "sand niggers." Black people are seen as terrorists in America. Middle Easterners are seen as terrorists in America.

&& I'm tired of people messing with my Middle Eastern lovelies. ❤ I've actually talked to Middle Eastern kids my age online. They're amazing!

What Girls Said 7

• I am going to be entirely honest here and I hope you are open-minded enough to receive it without being defensive and centered around your emotions.

Some black people may side with other minorities because minorities in general are often the target of scrutiny and judgment of white people. It's actually quite fascinating from a psychological standpoint. Modern day people often like to pretend that racism, racial bias, and prejudice disappeared with the end of the civil rights movement. When in actual reality, racism, racial bias, and prejudice simply evolved, became less extreme, and began to be a more silent intensity. Perhaps only expressed from the comfort anonymity of a computer or amongst like-minded small groups of people. If you ever read Christopher Columbus' journal entries or the journal entries of some Italian explorers when they talk about the Native Americans and how these Native people should be more like them, how they scrutinize and judge them harshly for their way of live as if they are children who are incapable of living to a standard they find worthy, many modern day white people sound just like them. Many comments I see from white people on Facebook when it comes to minority crimes sound just like Christopher Columbus' self-righteous, entitled, racially biased perspective on the Native Americans. It's like this weird lingering colonist mentality. Many minorities are catching onto this and taking a stand against it.

• Minority people know how it feels to marginalised. They see it and they empathise, they don't wish that on others.
    However, you are generalising. I would say some people may do it for the reason above, but it doesn't mean they aren't valid in sticking up for people.
    Personally, I'm very perceptive to ignorance, because I've experienced a fair amount of prejudice in my adult years. So when I spot something I think is genuinely ignorant and unfair, I will stick up for that person. But I am particularly sensitive to when that ignorance is being geared towards a minority; for the fact they are a minority. I will speak up and defend them, because I know precisely how that feels. And it doesn't feel too nice.

• It's a shame that British people don't do more for the Gypsy community that are victims of racism on a daily basis and yet it is ignored by the mainstream media and people because they're gypsies.

• Sorry I didn't mean to suggest you did.

• No worries, mate :)
      @lovelikerockets

• Minorities tend to stick together because we know what it's like to be hated for things we can't control like our skin color or heritage. We know what it's like to be marginalized systematically and have our ancestors stripped away from their dignity. And although our struggles and oppression was different, we can relate in that sense.

I know, I know, we didn't directly experience it. But our cultures are a bit different from US, I know in Latin America at least. We value more community, whereas in the US, individuality is valued. So when you insult one of us, it's like you're insulting all of us. That's why you hear with Latinos "you mess with my (insert family member), and you mess with me". Because we all *feel* it together.
    And although we didn't directly experience the full on racism, we still do to some extent feel a bit today.

• "ancestors stripped away from their dignity" - Yes that never happened to Irish people did it?

White people victims of their heritage and branded savages by Henry VIII of England? It must be one of those daft story lines from an episode of Doctor Who.

• @LoveLikeRockets well that sucks.

• Aye but I get over it.

• I don't really tear anyone apart about it, but I do make sure people know not to stereotype the majority as bad people just because of something a handful of the people in that group do. Black people know what it's like to be on a shit end of racial profiling just because of a few idiots in the group. So I think many of us (at least the more sensible ones) try to avoid doing it as best we can.

• They look similar with fuzzy hair

• Because they understand the pain of being discriminated.

• Use your common sense

What Guys Said 5

• Because they know very well what it's like to be treated like shit because of their skin color.

If you were bullied as a kid for superficial reasons, and you saw someone else get bullied too for the same superficial reasons, would you not side with them or at the very least feel sympathetic to them?

• Your question sounds racist and in your explanation it sounds like you have been criticized for saying racist things about brown people.

Maybe you just don't listen to yourself. Wise up, man.

• Because white people have had it too good for too long and us dark skinned folk are tired of your shit. No offense.

• I wouldn't say that in certain parts of Ireland if I was you.

• A lot of people don't seem to realize that Irish people were sent off in boats to places like Australia, Africa and the Carribbean to work on plantations too and were victims of British colonialism for over 500 years and is still feeling the effects of the decision to partition Ireland in 1921.

Back in the 50's and 60's in Britain it was very common for discrimination against Black people and Irish people. Signs in windows would read "no Blacks, no dogs and no Irish".

• brown people are my next of kin. We share the same poop coloured skin, so i feel a natural sense of solidarity with them

• It's awful shame they don't care to remember the immense suffering that the indigenous people of their country had to endure from 1492 onwards isn't it and come to the aid of those people eh?