Can you judge a book by it's cover?

Is it possible to make any sort of judgments at all about a person's character based on his/her appearance? Can one make any assumptions at all based on appearance?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not completely. I've managed to actually fit some traits to the appearance of a person before, but looks cand definitely be deceiving most of the time.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say it is possible to make assumptions about superficial aspects of their personality and/or habits.
    I. e. Their level of organization, focus on appearance, how they respond to societal expectations of dress or body decor.
    However, they deeper aspects of their personality would require much more observation.

What Girls Said 7

• Can you? Yes.
    Should you? No.
    Do I still do it? Of course. I'm not a good person. I'm very judgmental.

• Not completely, no.

• You can, but you shouldn't because most times you're wrong.

• They shouldn't but they do everyone does

• Well, I know people say they shouldn't, but I'm not sure that is always a wise policy.

Allow me the first to admit I could be wrong, but I believe manner of dress, posture, what accessories we choose, piercings (how many and where), tattoos (again, how many and wear), might bespeak SOMETHING about a person. Many wish to say that it means absolutely nothing at all. I'm not as sure.

• You bet. I call it like I see it.

• I don't necessarily make a judgment based on looks. I usually do for the first impression.. and I'm always wrong

• Does the way a person dress tell you anything about that person? Anything at all?

• Well yeah a little bit. But that's not what I make any big judgements by

• I understand. Thanks for stopping by.

• You can but sometimes it's not very accurate.

• No, I think that's wrong.

What Guys Said 4

• I think you discern at least a few things. We often choose an appearance that represents what's on the inside. You can get at least a few solid clues that way, but need to talk to the person before a more accurate assessment can be made.

• What do you think you discern?

• Thanks for sounding off.

• You never can. Not a book and not a person! You would be amazed and suprised sometimes if you figure out the inside ;)

• Yes you can, but chances are that you'll almost always be wrong.