Can you judge a book by it's cover?

Is it possible to make any sort of judgments at all about a person's character based on his/her appearance? Can one make any assumptions at all based on appearance?

0|0
8|5

Most Helpful Girl

• Not completely. I've managed to actually fit some traits to the appearance of a person before, but looks cand definitely be deceiving most of the time.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say it is possible to make assumptions about superficial aspects of their personality and/or habits.
    I. e. Their level of organization, focus on appearance, how they respond to societal expectations of dress or body decor.
    However, they deeper aspects of their personality would require much more observation.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Can you? Yes.
    Should you? No.
    Do I still do it? Of course. I'm not a good person. I'm very judgmental.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not completely, no.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can, but you shouldn't because most times you're wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • They shouldn't but they do everyone does

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, I know people say they shouldn't, but I'm not sure that is always a wise policy.

Allow me the first to admit I could be wrong, but I believe manner of dress, posture, what accessories we choose, piercings (how many and where), tattoos (again, how many and wear), might bespeak SOMETHING about a person. Many wish to say that it means absolutely nothing at all. I'm not as sure.

• Show All
    • You bet. I call it like I see it.

• I don't necessarily make a judgment based on looks. I usually do for the first impression.. and I'm always wrong

0|0
    0|0
    • Does the way a person dress tell you anything about that person? Anything at all?

• Well yeah a little bit. But that's not what I make any big judgements by

• I understand. Thanks for stopping by.

• You can but sometimes it's not very accurate.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I think that's wrong.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I think you discern at least a few things. We often choose an appearance that represents what's on the inside. You can get at least a few solid clues that way, but need to talk to the person before a more accurate assessment can be made.

0|0
    0|0
    • What do you think you discern?

• Show All
    • Thanks for sounding off.

• You never can. Not a book and not a person! You would be amazed and suprised sometimes if you figure out the inside ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you can, but chances are that you'll almost always be wrong.

0|0
    0|0