Moment of altercation: fight or flight?

You're about to get into it with a stranger in a physical or verbal way. Do you stand your ground or walk away? Does the answer change depending on if it's physical vs. verbal?

Format for poll is "physical, verbal"

• Fight, fight
  • Fight, flight
  • Flight, flight
  • Flight, fight
  • Flounder

Most Helpful Girl

• Flight for both. I'm not afraid to fight, but I think it's silly to get into fights now that I'm older.

Thankfully now, I don't really have people in my face as before when I was a teen.

I'd only approve of "fight" if you absolutely need to stop them. But if they slap you and you can easily walk away, then that's the better option in my opinion.
    Though I could understand if someone got so pissed they hit them back. But I still wouldn't agree to it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I always fight. Can't back down. Word spreads like wildfire and you get a reputation as a shitebag it's worse in the long run. Nobody ever attacks until they see weakness. That's why there's always shouting and bawling before fists. If you look scared you'll encourage attack. If you look confident and strong you'll discourage it.

What Girls Said 4

• That makes no sense at all

• Flight for both. Not a fan of fights, alterations, arguments, etc...

• I picked flight-flight. Also, under the assumption that the stranger instigated the incident without my doing much/anything to warrant it, as that seems the most realistic in my case.

• Fight, fight.

What Guys Said 4

• I would try walking away or just calmly get out of it in a verbal way. If they start to physically attack (punch, kick, etc.) me first and I need to defend myself then it's gonna be fight. I know martial arts and I have the confidence in fighting.

• This is something that in a genetic built in thing, some people are fighters some people are flyers. Of course you can train yourself not to run away

• I fight but only if he makes his move first.

• I'll not get into a physical fight. Verbal it depends, but I guess I'd probably walk away from that too. Fighting is for losers, I ain't got time for that