What age did you stop believing in Santa?

• I never believed
  • 7 or less years old
  • 8 years old
  • 9 years old
  • 10 or 11 years old
  • 12 or above years old
  • I STILL BELIEVE

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like I always knew, but the one time I brought it up my mom said "Santa doesn't give presents to children who don't believe in him", so I shut up about it lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think my parents did a good job of handling that. If there was a cool gift to get me, something I wanted, they said it was from them. Santa got me socks, underwear, maybe the occasional goofy little tricket; that sort of thing.

I still get gifts from "Santa." I'm also friends with a few Santas, so I really know Santa.

I think it was a slow kind of realization; I handled it well, and it was easier and less of a big deal because it wasn't the end of cool presents, and Santa wasn't the one who did it anyway.

I don't know how I would handle Santa as a parent. I think it would be a combination of A) the cool gifts come from US, not Santa (like my mom did) B) It's fun to pretend, and not meant as some serious "uber-lie" meant to shock and insult 10 year olds. I think I'd explain it as wanting a kid to have a little pretend magic in their lives. But if someone who is younger wants to believe, and it's not hurting them or others, you don't dash their hopes like that.

• Plus, there was this whole thing about learning the history of it.

SC (Santa Clus) also represents "SC" (Spirit of Christmas), which is a big part of what Santa represents.

What Girls Said 14

• I'm not sure, over time it just became a thing I accepted, I didn't really have a specific age where I just decided there was no Santa.

• I didn't celebrate Christmas growing up, therefore I've never believed in him.

• It was when I was 8 years old, my parents' room was some kind of taboo, so when they weren't home I went into their room and looked around. 😂 I found my Christmas gift between mom's shoes and realised Santa doesn't exist. 😄

• Growing up, we only celebrated Christmas once, but my parents never lied to me about Santa being real, so I never believed in him and never will.

• I never believed

• I was like 10 or so... pretty late :S

• I knew for the longest time something was off, but I didn't say anything. I just can't remember what age I was when I started to question things.

• I wouldve still believed hadn't Mom ruined it around middle school

• i am not sure because i was always skeptical. When i was young i went to a private school who was very right wing. They always said magic does not exist but would say santa is real. So that just made me very skeptical so when some kids at the playground went around saying santa is not real i was not upset.

• Around 3. My parents just told me they buy me the gifts lol

• Never believed in Santa

• When I was about 5 I believe...

• Was never a believer

• I am not sure

What Guys Said 19

• Very young. My brother and I are way logical and unraveled the myth as very young kids, and then we stayed up all night to confirm our hypothesis. Then, presented our findings to my mom, and at that point the lies were just over lol.

• The day he stopped believing in me.

• Ever since I can remember I knew its my parents leaving those presents, but I played along, cause free gifts.

• I never believed in some "magic Santa Claus", I always thought that Santa Claus is some sort of state employee, just like the postmen, policemen, firemen etc...

• I think when I was 6 or 7. My parents asking me what to put on the list for Santa.
    I heared the 'bigger kids' talk about santa, and said it was fake, so I had to find out and test their theory xD
    I liked these mythical things, and legends (and I still do), but my parents noticed something was different about my surprised look. And it was because I found out it was just another legend

• Around 10 for me. My parents always told me the theory that Santa existed but that there was more than one Santa rather than just one that makes a 1 night around the world trip. Like certain Santas would be deployed to certain continents or countries at different times. But I really knew "santa" was my grandma all along lol

• I don't know. 7 or 8 I guess. I think that's a normal age to find out.

• I never had the luxury of believing in santa

• I can remember the situation when I found out but not sure about my age anymore... maybe 8? I don't know

• I never stopped believing XD

• 4, I always knew it was a fairytale. Seriously, how can someone fit down a chimney? With a fire going? What if they don't have a chimney? Through the toilet? Come on, how dumb do people think I am?

• The idea of it never really made sense 💁🏻

• Santa exists, you dumbass.

• I don't believe that all A voters actually never believed. You were a gullible child. Most children believe what their dumb parents tell them, that is why religion is so widespread.

• I think 8 or 9 years old haha. Original question

• Never believed in him

• I walked downstairs one night and saw my parents wrapping my presents lol.

• What do u mean stop?