How can I learn how to surf?

I really want to surf but I feel like it would be weird if my friend taught me, he is really really good at it and I don't really want to embarass myself toooo much 😂 do you think I should get an instructor for a few days and then get taught by my friend?

• get an instructor first 🌊
  • get him to teach you because why not 🏄
  • do something else and I'll comment it 🏃

Most Helpful Guy

• I tried to teach myself when I traveled to Australia. Um... I suggest strongly to get an instructor.

Most Helpful Girl

• It would be great to be taught for free and bond with your friend.

What Guys Said 7

• Surf on the internet or on the waves of the Pacific?

• Have your friend teach you. It's the best and most cheapest way to learn

• Step 1: Buy a snowboard
    Step 2: Go snowboarding instead.

• Let your friend teach you. You shouldn't be emberassed as you would be there to learn it. Nothing wrong with that. Do you already have a surfboard?

Watch out for the sharks thoooo

• Coming from hawaii its a given, an instructor can only do so much, i would suggest going for 1 or 2 sessions with an instructor to perfect technique then use youtube the rest of the time:)

• You could do either. But it wouldn't matter if your friend taught you. Everyone falls off and is clumsy first. It could be fun 😛

• get an instructor first

What Girls Said 4

• Soooo you're willing to pass up free surf lessons because you're afraid of embarrassing yourself?

You'll embarrass yourself in front of the instructor too (I know, I took surf lessons and I embarrassed myself lol) and the instructor won't have your winning personality to put up against your ignorance of the sport. You'll just be an ignorant wannabe to the instructor.

Go with the friend.

• Well if you have the money ask a pro but if you want to be cheap let him teach you.

• Get him to teach you, and maybe flirt with him too ;) (jk)

• I think you're gonna need an instructor first.