Is $530 for rent, utilities not included, for a one bedroom apartment that is 790 square feet and includes brand new carpet, shower, and toilet?

I would be the first person to ever live in this apartment. Is this a steal? Should I invest in it with a one year contract?

Lovely apartment. Small and cozy yet not too cramped. The company has various saftey features as well as a dog park, a gym, a 24 hour laundrymatt, a trail by the gym, and three pools. What do you guys think? Should I invest in this or stay at home and save? What are the pros and cons?

• Invest in this unique experience! :D
  • Stay at home, save, and let your spirit decay.

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing else like your first apartment! Moving from home is an experience like no other, I did it when I was 16, I loved it and really grew as a person from it.
    As long as you can afford it I would say go for it :) Don't forget that you need water, electricity, food and all that stuff. That shit costs haha. Read the contract carefully and get insurance.

• WOOOOAH! 16? My goodness! Share you experience please? Any tips? You felt like it was worth the money? What did you gain from it mentally and how did it help you grow?

• The reason it's cheaper to buy in bulk is because otherwise you'll buy excess things that you don't really need. Writing a list of what you need is also a good way to keep track on how much it's going to cost. :)

• This is absolutely amazing, outstanding advice. I'm so appreciative of you sharing all of this insight with me :)

What Guys Said 18

• Depends on where you live. What city, what neighborhood, etc. Generally it sounds good, With the utilities included, it sounds even better. Add the dog park and poos, very good. Do you have to pay at the laudry and is the gym included?

• Laundry and gym is included! :D What do you think? I'm really debating on whether to go for it! Do you think I'll look back and be satisfied with my decision?

• That's great advice! Thanks a bunch! :D

• You are welcom. And welcome to your new home. lol :-)

• Yeah depends on where you live. I say that's decent. Did you know that in Vancouver, BC, rent usually goes for about $1400-$2000 a month for a condo. So like I said, it really depends on where you live and the deal you got seems pretty decent since it includes all of that.

• WHAT!

• Even in Canadian currency, that's a lot yeah? But like I said, it's dependant on the location and since the place I talk about it the centre of Vancouver City and the busiest location there is so, it's expensive, just to own a condo or even rent in Vancouver city. I should know since I own a condo there and a normal condo cost about $300,000-$450,000 CAD and a normal house cost about 1.4 mil CAD. Hence location is key and if it's a better deal than the average one in your location, then it's definitely a steal

• Goodness fucking shit. Wow. Maybe I'm just cheap but damn, my eyes just popped out of my head reading those figures!

• Rent is based on location, what might be a steal in New York ($2,500.00 a month for a single walk-up) would be very expensive elsewhere. Look at the average rent in your area, and compare. In my neck of the woods, this would easily go for $650.00 a month. I'd go for it if you can afford it.

• Wow. Any idea what the minimum wage is in New York? Doesn't seem like it would be enough to make that much for standard rent not including groceries :/

• I'm proud of you and I don't even know you lol

• thank you, all is well

• Where is it? Because here, that would be an absolute STEAL.

Also, if you can, I'd advise you to stay home and save money while you can. Unless it's like, intolerable there or something.

• Option 2 didn't work. Insufferable environment. Truly miserable. No internal progress. Highly depressed. *hey that kinda rhymed... pretty well timed... guess I should find... my mase for yo face with my lace... panties.

• U gotta take that... even if the neighborhood is not-so-good! ;-)

#Bargain

• 530 is a good price for rent. The apartment rent alone here at my complex for a single bedroom is 790. With bills included, it runs around 950-1000

• Yikes :/ Thanks for sharing your experience. So it is a good deal considering?
      Do you think the freedoms and sense of harmony living in your own space is worth spending thousands?

• It all comes down to how you budget everything

• Any tips?

• It depends on the area that you live.

It's impossible to get that pricing where I live unless its from a family or close friend.

• Really? So you do think it's a steal?

• In a Mexican province town it's possible.

• jacquesvol lol I'm not apartment shopping in a Mexican province. I live nowhere near Mexico lol

• It's a steal compared to what people are paying around here. Are you paying heat, association fees etc?

• If you don't own it then you don't invest in it.

• There's such thing as emotional and mental investments.

• Sounds like a steal. Is there something wrong with it? Be careful.

• Some pictures would of been nice 😛

• In Central Manhattan or in Mexico?

• Neither?

• Don't remind me lol I love me some London, Brussels, Paris, Vienna, and Copenhagen.

• In Romee too, it will be hard to find in centro citta. Not in the outskirts beyond the GRA.

• I am so jealous

• ? why?

• I am paying more for a place worse that

• :/ At least you have a place and you're not living under a bridge in a box.

• Looks cheap..

• No one here can answer this, because location is everything.

• I'd save so then you can have an actual house, but I prefer houses

• Personally I would only move out if I am certain I have financial security. Otherwise I would save. You seem eager to move out, better make sure you can afford it in the long run.

• Seems expensive but depends where you live, in New York I guess that would be cheap

What Girls Said 7

• Depends on the location. I'm in Chicago, paying almost a thousand (not including utilities) for a 500sq. foot 1 bedroom apartment. whether it's a "steal" or not really depends on where it's located.

• I voted. Sounds like a good bargain. Plus.. you get to live on your own woo!

• I would! But only if I had a job! And money saved up in case something happens!

• It's not a unique experience. It's standard rent. But it's not overpriced.

• I pay 515 for a one bed, one bath apartment brand new. I would much rather work my ass off and have a lovely little sanctuary of my own than anything else.

• Is it in a good neighborhood? Where I live, you couldn't get a place at that price unless it was in the ghetto.

• It's in an awesome neighborhood! :D They do background checks and do not allow felons to move in. There are two alternating security guards whom you can call 24 hours if there are any issues. They really emphasis on community. A lot of military members live there.

• Around here 790 sq. ft it's on the lower end of the rent scale.

• hmmm how so?

• If it's what you want & your sure you can afford it? Don't forget about utilities power sewer& water. Then you have your TV service & internet. Get some idea on what the charges on those are also.

• Thank you for the excellent insight!