Do you say grace over your food? If so, is it a traditional prayer, one your family came up with, or your own?

I do say grace every time before I eat, but I pray my own prayer that I've created years ago, just embellished it throughout the years.

Most Helpful Guy

• I get called on to do it at Thanksgiving despite not particularly believing that god meddles in our lives to the point of needing to be thanked for a meal, or really caring all that much. It tends to go "yay god lets eat."

• Oh wow. That's kinda sad, no offense. 😕

• Yeah, sorry about that. I should have caught that before I posted.

• Don't sweat it. U good. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• My step dad always does grace but otherwise our thanks are silent.

• My exstepdad used to pray over our food too when I was a kid. Boy... i couldn't stand those long behind prayers and my stomach would be grumbling XD

• LMFAO! I'm glad you didn't die of starvation!

• It sure as heck felt like it though. Lmfbo!
      We would be giving him the evil eye.. smh. It was a trip. I do not miss them days

What Guys Said 1

• I do a wiccan ritual before slaughtering my meals so i guess so yeah

What Girls Said 2

• I just say "in the name of god" before starting and "praise be to God "when I finish 😊

• I do, it's a prayer we say at school and it grew on me ever since.

• Wow, your old school said prayers? That's extremely rare. You must don't live in America or went to a private Christian or Baptist school

• I go to the same school since 1st grade, and I don't live in America. It's a same-sex catholic school here :)

• Ohhh! Yeah that explains it then. That's a very interesting life you have. I've only read about that in books or seen it in a movie.