What's it like to ride a horse😕?

Considering I've never been on one, I'm curious. It looks like a lot of fun, but it looks a bit scary as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would love to have the opportunity to ride a horse! But I have ridden a camel and an elephant! ;)

• Holy cow, that may be even worse! Especially the elephant. What's that like?

• Wow, thanks for MHO! :)

• You're very welcome

Most Helpful Girl

• It can be a bit scary at first, but best to relax. When I did my intro to riding, they made me get to know the horse I would be training on. I feed her, brushed her, built trust with her. I think my instructor said the horse could sense my anxiety or fear, so I had to calm down.

Once I was on the horse and riding, it was great. She is a good horse, very patient. There is something freeing and enjoyable about going on a ride.

• Yes, I do know horses are very sensitive to humans emotions, which I think is cool. So that's very wise to let you and the horse become comfortable with each other.

• Yes, for the most part they are quite gentle. I think they are great. I wasn't allowed near this stallion, because he was a bit volatile, but all the others I have either rode or help take care of were are lovely.

Thank you for the MHO!

• You're very welcome

What Guys Said 9

What Girls Said 11

• It seems scary at first but once you get on it's not that bad. The power and strength of a horse is unbelievable. You can definitely feel the wind, and your mind feels clear and open. The world disappears and it's you and the horse, that's it. I've ran my friend's horses quite a few times just for fun. I just let the horse give his/ her own strength and power, I don't force him/her because I know it's in his/her heart. It's nature. They know when to speed up, they know if they're being "raced". Almost every horse wants to be in the lead, and it just comes naturally :) but just remember this, you need to be ready for anything. The horse could spook randomly, lose a shoe while on the track, can start bucking. Just make sure your not focusing totally on the fun and power of it, but also what could happen next...

• That was very knowledgeable. Very impressive 👏👏👏
      You're lucky u get to ride your friends horse/s. The only horses here are the ones in downtown for the police or tourists for the buggies.

• Oh that stinks. Well when every you get the chance, take it. It's very fun.

• U can bet I sure will

• It's amazing.
    Well, scary at first, but as long as you're with someone with safe horse who actually knows what they're doing, you're fine.

It's an art. It's so cool to get a relationship with them, to be in unicen with a 1200lb animal.

Plus, their gait, at the walk, is the most similar to our own, thus can be therapeutic.

It's something you should definitely try.
    Just please, with someone knowledgeable, so everyone stays safe:)

• I agree about that safety.
      The gait does look therapeutic. At least from what I've seen on tv.

• It's amazing for a lot of reasons.
      They're very emotionally intelligent , cool animals.

• Yes they are. Very beautiful too.

• It's super fun!!! Can be hard to get in top of it at first and a bit scary, but not as scary as camels!!! 🐪

• erm I don t know how to describe it, you have this up and down movement.
    it gets trickier when he gets a bit out of control and starts bending down and stuff haha.
    eventually you ll feel a bit sore between your legs for pressing with your legs. and your butt will hurt a bit.

• It's fun but it hurts your bum 😊. The saddles are really secure so it's unlikely you'll all off.

• I'm glad we females no longer have to ride side saddle. I know those women were sore.
      Speaking of which, is it true that an inexperienced rider becomes sore after their first ride?

• I'm not experienced by any means, I've only been 4 or 5 times, I wouldn't be surprised if it's true though

• Well you've a heck of a lot more experienced than I am about horses :p

• There's not much to it. If you keep your balance, you'll be fine.

• is one of the best things you can do :) I LOOOOOOVE it, specially when you get to build friendship with the horse. Is really important to make it more than just an activity, since we are talking about an animal is super important to spend time with it, talk to it, show your love haha
    Is very important to be relaxed coz horses can sense when u are nervous and u dont wanna transmit that haha

• Very true. I love horses and their inner and outer beauty. ❤

• yesss they are amazing! When I used to ride my horse it was just so perfect, the entire world disappears, is like therapy lol is something I can't put into words, but you should definitely try it :)

• I plan to 😁😊

• tbh i'd really want to ride a horse to :'(

• Yeah, it's a bit scary when the horse starts to gallop like crazy and you're just sitting there trying not to die. XD

• Unless you have a saddle its tough to balance yourself

• I sat in a horse once for photoshot. I have ride anelephant and an ostrich. Those are verry funnnn!

• Omg ur profile pic is just so cuuuuuuuuuute!!!

• 😂 how many cat do you have?

• I was raised with cats, so lemme see. At one time we had 8, plus the cats in the neighborhood...