How would you react if someone told you, you're the reason they're suicidal?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would till some one right away and don't talk to them into they get the help. But you shude till some one be for he dose he/she dose someing that they will regret. even if you think they are just saying that the scare you TILL SOME ONE.

Most Helpful Girl

• Be very careful and take it seriously.
    Try to find them help and figure out how you can turn things around. Get professional help and let their family know, I wouldn't take a chance. Best of luck xx

What Guys Said 5

• Its probly just to be manipulative and mean... but i would inform someone and never speak to them again

• Ask them why the hell are they speaking to me if that's true. Than I'd tell them I'd avoid them from now on so that they can only blame themselves if they speak to me

• Then I would assume they are some manipulative, attention seeking nutcase.

• Well, I was once the reason a girl went to see the school psychologist... so... not surprised haha

• I'd tell them that that's probably the nicest thing anyone ever said to me and take them out for dinner.

What Girls Said 5

• I'd take it very seriously and take them to get professional help.

• I would ignore them, they're probably crazy...

• or they could have a mental illness.. that doesn't make them "crazy", they have a condition similar to any medical issue that shouldn't be taken lightly.

• You're joking right? *IF* you had hurt someone badly enough that they wanted to kill themselves, then yes you are partially to blame. Suicide is a sign of a mental illness, which also plays a part but let's say for example you bullied someone or treated them poorly without realizing, you are still partially responsible for their negative feelings/thoughts. I'm not talking about someone who manipulated you, I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who you genuinely DID hurt which resulted in them feeling depressed.

• I believe I am not joking.

Obviously if that were the case I would be partially to blame for their negative feelings. And if it were the case I was bullying that person to the point of them feeling very sad and one day they told me i was the reason they were suicidal, my initial response remains intact, I would just ignore them from then on...

• I'll say sorry 😦.. and ask how I can help them feel better

• Guys say this shit to girls sometimes. It's called emotional blackmail. And when they said it to me in the past, I say "oh dear, ok I'll make sure you get help then" and I let their family know or send police to do a welfare check on them. They quickly understand they can't do that shit.

• I would stop talking to them as obviously my presence isn't helping. by the way, it's extremely manipulative to put the responsibility of yourself on someone else. If someones making you feel that way its YOUR job to cut off contact or fix it however.

• responsibility of your mental health**

• I agree and disagree with this. only for the example of people who have bullied someone and pushed them to a point where they felt the need to take their own life. no one wakes up wanting to kill themselves, there is always a reason.

• i agree with this^^