Who else here has a fascination for medieval fantasy and space sci-fi settings?

I like how they're distinct from each other, yet both have high levels of creativity.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• I do. I remember watching the Lord of the Rings movies for the first time (I was very young), and even as a young child, I was blown away by everything about it. Then once I read the books, I fell in love with Middle Earth, and that still hasn't changed. I love the fantasy genre so much that I decided to write my own novels in it, and I plan on writing Sci-fi stories at some point in the future as well.

• Yeah, there are some pretty neat sci fi universes out there, like Warhammer 40k, Battletech, StarCraft, Mass Effect, etc. I'd include Star Wars, but that's more along the lines of fantasy.

• I'd consider Star Wars as both Sci-fi and Fantasy. Sci-fi because of all the weapons and spaceships, and fantasy because of all the different worlds and species.

• Yeah, I meant to say science fantasy, just went through the back of my mind. I also been imagine what it'd be like if James Cameron made a medieval style fantasy movie.