If someone says "don't talk to me ever again" during a fight, would you take them seriously?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes and no.

but id certainly not talk to them and if they wanted to, id make it so hard for them theyd be careful with their words.

beleive it or not, you're responsible for training people how to treat you. unless you're oriental, ettiquettes and that kinda respect is learned through pain.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not so much because they'll probably get over it after a while. Then if it's been a while and they're still adamant about it then I'd actually take it seriously and back off. But it depends on the situation.

What Guys Said 3

• No but I probably wouldn't talk to them again unless they asked for frogiveness or said that they weren't serious something like that

• Nope

...

• Ya. ofcourse.

What Girls Said 10

• Yes you better take me seriously. I am done with you!

• No, lmao, course not. They said it during the heat of an argument.

• No.
    Everyone says things out of anger.
    But it also depends on the context of what you're fighting about.

• Yes I would take it seriously

• maybe not, but I wouldn't talk to them ever again

• Idc if they mean it. I'll be done with them regardless. That's petty and immature.

• No cause I had the same problem when my friend said don't ever text me or talk to me again but the next day she texted me

• I'd give them space

• No if they're angry they'll say lots of shit so i do take it seriously

• No i wouldn't. They were just super angry at that moment.