Is it worth it to study at a good school?

I study at the best university in my country but the average gpa in my school is a 2.6 on a 4.0 scale because many professors grade on a curve.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. Having gone between public, notable private to a top graduate school, the difference is night/day. A lot more companies attend and take resumes from top school graduates than average private and public universities. I personally feel it's a little too biased looking at the school first rather than just looking at the individual, grades and accomplishments but that's life and why people pay big bucks and struggle to get into the best schools. My first job they bumped my salary by $5K when they learned where I graduated.

What Guys Said 2

• the average gpa being 2.6 because of professors curving makes no sense. It's always a good thing to further your education. A degree from a higher tier school looks better on a resume.

• i've heard that about Brown University in particular

What Girls Said 0