What kind of man or woman do you picture yourself marrying?

I used to envision some type of good looking and religious millioniare / billionaire but now I think a guy who is able to help me produce happy and intelligent children and will not cheat on me is good enough.

0|0
14|25

Most Helpful Guy

• Not sure.
    Never been in love
    I do know that I'd like a job and house first
    Whoever marries me will have to love me for me since I'm disabled. Hopefully someone that enjoys some of the same stuff I do. I'm an old soul. So another old soul I guess.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Someone who is adventurous and outgoing as I am, who also loves nature and giving back to the community and who adores Christ like me. Someone who doesn't care about money and would go to Thailand or South Africa for 5 years or even travel the world (or even work for UNICEF). Someone who believes that I'm the best thing that has ever happened to them and will love me for eternity. Someone who won't treat me as a weak women, but will still be kind to me and others around him. Someone who is empowered to influence others through what he has experienced in his own personal life.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 24

• I already know that I will marry my current girlfriend (we've been together for 5 years now and are planning to get married in 3-4 years). She very pretty and very smart. She's interested in a lot of academic fields and that is important to me because I like having slightly nerdy discussions ;-). I also appreciate that she is an atheist like myself, though I could also handle a mildly religious girlfriend/wife. Also, we both love to travel around the world, get to know new cultures, new food, new people and new languages. It's quite important to me that my wife is like that. I wouldn't be able to handle somebody who just wants to stay at home or in the same country all the time.
    However, most importantly, my girlfriend is an incredibly sweet and caring lover and companion. She's the type of person where you know she would never leave you alone if you are in troubles. I am almost blind and this makes life sometimes more difficult and complicated. And yet, she's always been at my side all these years to help me and and be there for me. Contrary to many other girls I used to flirt with when I was single, my girlfriend never judged me because I have a handicap. Instead, she was willing to actually look behind the facade and get to know me as a person. This something I am very thankful for because when you have a disability, you still have to deal with quite a lot of prejudices, even in today's world. Finally, she's like myself a very cuddly person who shows her emotions and her love openly. After having dated 2 extremely reserved girlfriends who didn't like physical contact too much, I'm especially glad to have this girl now and be able to marry her later on. She's a great lover but - and perhaps more importantly - also my best friend. I don't think there's anyone I'd rather marry than her :-).

3|0
    0|0
  • I agree with that change of opinion :D
    A milionnaire would not make you happy, they're often more after their money or business than after their girl :o
    And they have the mentalitiy to try and "buy" themselves a lady by giving her a Ferrari or a boat... nice but not the way to become happy in life!
    For me a nice, spontaneous girl who likes me and wants to grow old with me :D

1|1
    0|0
  • I am strongly against marriage. In no way will I ever marry. I do have my reasons why I feel like this.

0|0
    0|0
  • a lady like @MissNowhere

2|1
    0|0
  • Probably an averagely attractive to slightly above attractive looking woman, could be a Greek or Slavic immigrant due to our common Orthodox religion, but also perhaps an American girl from the South since we would at least share many common values. I doubt she'll be rich, but I also doubt she would be poor. Probably just another average middle-class girl with a good head on her shoulders.

0|0
    0|0
  • What @AnOrdinaryGirl45 said but

2|0
    0|0
  • someone without the hot/pretty girl personality

but is attractive.

this is like the rare 5 person of beautiful women and they usually stick with their man since very young and end up getting married.

1|1
    0|0
  • Intelligent
    Responsive
    Spontaneous
    Empathetic
    Loyal as a white knight
    Booty

She wouldn't match up with me if she didn't possess these qualities

0|0
    0|0
  • Simply someone very similar to myself, but yet different.

0|0
    0|0
  • A big chested glamour model who'll spoil me and shit

0|0
    0|0
  • Cute, petite, funny, wants kids, happy, average intelligence (like me)

0|0
    0|0
  • Wasn't able to attract that millionaire I see lol... gotta lower standard huh?

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone who's physically active and works out to keep up their appearance and is witty enough to deal with my sarcasm.

0|0
    0|0
  • Marriage is the last thing on my mind lets take it one at a time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't plan on marrying.

0|0
    0|0
  • A millionare huh? It's like a guys dream of marrying a model, who is not a model with lots of money himself, but good looking and has money.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haha I don't know, I'll be damn surprised if I even find anyone at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • A really specific kind. Like, super specific. Like, one particular person.

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend, an extremely nerdy and shy woman

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone who I've hypnotized to love me for an eternity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Intelligent, kind, hard-working/has good goals, Christian.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope the rest of the girls learn from your experiences and let go of their tall expectations

0|0
    0|0
  • I dread to think what I'll end up. It doesn't bare thinking about.

0|0
    0|0
  • She believes in God and Jesus. Loves anime. Loves one piece with her OTP being LuffyxNami. is easy to talk to. preferably a virgin like me. and has a happy personality to balance me out. Also love video games, never cheats, always in love with me, always wants me, loves to go out and do things seeings how I always want to stay in doors.

2|0
    0|0
    • If you always want to stay indoors, why do you want someone who always wants to go out and do things?

• @kingoficeolation Well its boring if you do the same thing over and over again. So I want a girl who likes the same things as me but also show me some new stuff that I would like. and hopefully I can do the same for her. I like going out, I'm just stubborn about it.

What Girls Said 13

• i always pictured myself marrying someone from my race and my country. a virgin who's a christian like me.
    i pictured him being successful in either science or maths, or both. tall, dark hair, tanned skin, brown eyes. he loves the outdoors, loves animals, has an amazing sense of humour. really outgoing and bubbly, can hold a conversation, social, romantic, intelligent, challenges me. . . .

but, i've kind of just let go of that character in my mind. i don't want to bind myself up in unrealistic expectations and create room for disappointment. hopefully ill know who he is when i meet him.

1|1
    0|0
    • I actually don't see anything unrealistic in your standards, I've met many men that would fit that description... I wouldn't know if they were romantic or not though. :P

Best of luck in your future.

• that was quite comforting to read to be honest. haha, thank u so much for that :) @DBAOracle

• I see myself marrying a guy who is kind, caring, sweet, someone who is realistic. Someone who doesn't have crazy expectations, someone who believes in being fair. I've been in far too many relationships where I've done most of the work, and then they leave because I'm not enough in some way. It makes me feel really bad.

I want someone also who is going to be faithful. But all of that seems to be a tall order now a days.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some super cool rock star that love me the way I am!

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to be with someone who makes me smile and laugh. I'd like us to be comfortable enough to live, but we don't need to be rich by any means.

0|0
    0|0
  • Funny, cute, pervy, not very religious or has no religion, intelligent.

0|0
    0|0
  • i've never thought myself good enough for anyone so it doesn't cross my mind too much

but when i was younger i envisioned it would be someone with dark features like myself, of the same religion, similar culture, attractive, masculine, fun, good at maths, who understands me and my situation

0|0
    0|0
  • "Mr. Enough".
    He just simply fits me. You know not too handsome nor too ugly, not too gentle nor too rough, not too rich nor too poor... Not too much, not too less, just enough for me.
    And this is extremelly difficult. Hope that i won't die in lonely LOL.

0|0
    0|0
  • fun, compassionate, extra affectionate, above average intelligence, must love music. beyond that I don't really care

0|0
    0|0
  • A traditional protective virile man who loves me!

0|0
    0|0
  • I never really thought about it. I just know that whoever I marry will be my best friend and he'll be as adventurous as I am or at least he'll learn to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • someone who i can be honest with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody I am not girlfriend material and I am certainly not marriage material.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't. I'm not marriage material, though I wish I was.

2|0
    0|0
    • Ouch, I'm sure you are marriage material. It's just the dating pool within your age range is thin.

• How do you think I got here ;)

I don't think all of us are cut out for the ol' ball & chain, haha.