My dog is not doing well and I could really use advice, can anyone help?

I've had him since he was 7 weeks and he's now 15. He still acts so happy and relatively full of energy, good appetite too. But lately he's been urinating like crazy and extremely thirsty. I figured he was diabetic now, but no, his Vet took X-rays yesterday and he has a HUGE mass over his adrenals AND his spleen is 5xs the size of a normal spleen. He's very such. I don't think surgery is his best option given his age. So my options are as follows: euthanasia soon before he begins to suffer or let nature take its course, but provide pain mess when needed. Idedlly, he'll pass peacefully on his own in his sleep and not suffer. But I'm so worried that he's going to turn for the worse quickly and that he'll be crying in pain from his spleen or tumor rupturing when I'm not home and he'll suffer and be so scared and die by himself. I'm also worried that if I get him euthanized soon, that I'm taking away his life before he's ready and that maybe he has more time left. I don't know what to do or when to do it or if I should do anything but keep him comfortable as possible for now. But right now, he still acts like a crazy puppy. I can't euthanize him when he acts like this, but his Vet basically said he's a ticking time bomb. If I do euthanize at some point, it will be at home with the Vet coming to my place. But when do I do this or should I?

Most Helpful Guy

• Being a time bomb I'd go on and put him down. I know what that feels like and its been four years since I put mine down and I still haven't got a new dog

• It sucks. He's been my best friend when I had nobody. This is so difficult. I don't know how I'm going to get through this.

• Believe me I know. What makes it so hard is that they're so innocent

Most Helpful Girl

• I know its hard but I'd put him down. Wouldn't you rather his last memories be happy and not painful?

• Yes I would. But damn, he's still so sharp and energetic. He'll be able to sense if mommy is about to put him down and he's going to be petrified. If he were a sick limp dog in my arms, it would be easier. But he's so WITH IT.

• I know but all parents have to do what's best for their kid/pets even if they don't know its for the best. You can sit right beside him and pet him and talk to me to sooth him

What Guys Said 2

• That's about the lifespan of a dog give or take a couple of years depending on the breed.

It's your choice, I'm sure you'll do the right thing.

• Do the right thing and let go. There's no humane reason to keep him clinging to life when it's no longer enjoyable.

• He is enjoying his life, like I said, he is so full of love, cuddles and energy still. if he even appeared to be suffering, I would not need to ask this question. But he's not suffering.

• If he can still eat, run, play and do all of the things he loves then you should wait until his condition worsens. Just gotta know that that time will come.

What Girls Said 1

• I really can't physical help you.