Is depression a valid reason to request rescheduling an exam?

I spoke to my private tutor and she knows about my depression. I dont have a doctor's note yet but I will get one soon. Its really serious. I haven't studied anything and I haven't been to lectures. This is not me, In my previous year I have always been on time with my assignments, and prepared for everything, so it is evident that there is something wrong with me. I can't study now, no matter how hard I try I can't find the will to do it, it is like I want to let my future go down the drain. Do you think this is a valid reason to request rescheduling an exam?

Most Helpful Girl

• This has been going on for a while. It's been documented that you've missed classes, I'm sure. It's documented that your grades are suffering, of course. It's documented or can be now that you have met with your tutor at school to discuss your depression. I would ask her to speak with your professors and request to reschedule as many exams as you can. I would mention that you are going to a doctor's appointment eventually and will be able to produce a note from him or her stating that you do, in fact, have a serious medical condition.

I'm sure no one at your university wants to see you fail. With all of this information, I think they will be more lenient and offer you a different time to take exams. I cannot guarantee that, of course, but it's not as if you are skipping just to skip. Good luck to you. <3 I'm here if you ever need to talk.

• you're the best <3

• shhhh you didn't have to say that xD I would have never known... well you still get a trophy, for being a hotty. Hah it rhymes.

• Hahahaha. Sorry. 😂 I ruined the magic, but thank you. 😉

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes,of course. Get help asap, from someone qualified.. good luck!

What Girls Said 1

• If you're clinically depressed meaning you have a doctors notE and such I think they can reschedule. Because it is a medical condition so you should have the same right if for Eg some guy broke his writting hand and couldn't sit the exam

• I don't have a medical note as of now, but I will have one in the following month. Does that change your answer?

• Oh well maybe tell them that you're getting the note

• thanks for the advise. Ill try to do that.

What Guys Said 1

• Without doctoral verification that it is clinical depression, I don't really think that it will be accepted by those who have so many students to deal with.
    I'm sorry.