Can I freeze my eggs?

I have a dozen of eggs that expire on the 2th of December. Can I deep freeze and consume then on the 7th of January? Has anyone done that?

24th* of December

Most Helpful Girl

• Googled it and found out that eggs can be frozen, but you can't keep them in the shell, you have to break the eggs and add a little bit of sugar or salt (depends on what you're gonna use them for later), then put them in a plastic bag, seal it and put it in the freezer; you can also put them in ice trays. According to the article, frozen eggs can last up to a year.
    Here's the article http://comofazervocemesmo.com/congelar-ovos/ it's in Portuguese, and I have no idea if it really works.

• I kinda left my apartment and I forgot them in the fridge xD well see whats the damage when I return :P but thanks for the help.

• Sure, keep us updated about your eggs :)

• XD... sure

Most Helpful Guy

• You can generally eat the eggs despite them having 'expired'. Just check them by putting them in a bowl of water, if they float to the top they are stale. The 'sell by' and 'use by' dates frequently have no relationship to the degree of degradation of the egg. An old egg won't make you sick in any case, it just doesn't taste as nice.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 5

What Guys Said 2

• you can freeze eggs for short periods of time but there is a certain way to do it safely, i don't personally know but just have a look on google.

• Are you worried you won't be able to lay any more?