Can I freeze my eggs?

I have a dozen of eggs that expire on the 2th of December. Can I deep freeze and consume then on the 7th of January? Has anyone done that?

24th* of December

Most Helpful Girl

• Googled it and found out that eggs can be frozen, but you can't keep them in the shell, you have to break the eggs and add a little bit of sugar or salt (depends on what you're gonna use them for later), then put them in a plastic bag, seal it and put it in the freezer; you can also put them in ice trays. According to the article, frozen eggs can last up to a year.
    Here's the article http://comofazervocemesmo.com/congelar-ovos/ it's in Portuguese, and I have no idea if it really works.

• I kinda left my apartment and I forgot them in the fridge xD well see whats the damage when I return :P but thanks for the help.

• Sure, keep us updated about your eggs :)

• XD... sure

Most Helpful Guy

• You can generally eat the eggs despite them having 'expired'. Just check them by putting them in a bowl of water, if they float to the top they are stale. The 'sell by' and 'use by' dates frequently have no relationship to the degree of degradation of the egg. An old egg won't make you sick in any case, it just doesn't taste as nice.

What Girls Said 5

• According to Men’s Health nutrition expert Alan Aragon, do float test for the eggs. If you put an egg in a bowl of water and it floats, it means gases have built up in the shell, and it's not safe to eat. If it sinks, you're good to go.
    www.latimes.com/.../...on-date-20140318-story.html

http://www.stilltasty.com/questions

• Totally thought of women's egg for freezing when reading this at first. Talk about making this face: O_o

Anyway, do the float test as people have mentioned. I'm not sure how well freezing will work for that length of time. Enjoy seeing family and don't worry about the eggs. :P

• Who said I was talking about normal egg O_o jk xD the tittle was a hook lmao but thanks, i think ill just ditch the eggs in the freezer and come back and maybe destroy my digestive system, maybe not, well see

• hahaha a leak in the plumbing? Luckily we have Super Mario on duty xD

• And Princess Peach?

• I don't know why I read this and thought of female eggs that babies are created with. I was so very confused for like 5 minutes. Goes to show where my mind is lol. But, why not just eat them now?

• Scramble them, then freeze them!

• Why the 7th of January? o_o

What Guys Said 2

• you can freeze eggs for short periods of time but there is a certain way to do it safely, i don't personally know but just have a look on google.

• Are you worried you won't be able to lay any more?