Does anyone else hate when actresses get parts in movies for nothing other than eye candy?

I just saw the trailer for the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie and it pisses me off that megan fox plays April Oneil. She's just such a bad actor and she was horrible in transformers and I'm pretty sure she only gets the parts because she's fucking Michael Bay.

Most Helpful Girl

• the problem is how really amazing actresses dont get cast bc they are not eye candy.

• Right I guess a sexy body and a willingness to show some skin is more valuable than actual acting skill such a shame

• an adequate actress who is hot 9 times out of ten will get a part to an amazing actress who is not conventionally 'hot'.

I dont think its more valuable, and many people dont watch acting just to get off sexually. but someone thinks its more important, and until people stop watching whoever is thrown their way just bc she's attractive its going to keep going on that way.

• I agree what a shame

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a shame, indeed. But it's tailored towards the male audience and unfortunately, as long as eye candy increases the percentile amount of tickets bought, there's going to be eye candy. No avoiding it. It's our own fault.

And who watches Michael Bay movies anyway?

• I hate his movies but the kid in me can't help tonwant to watch a TMNT movie. But the adult in me knows it'll be shit because of Michael Bay. I just needed a place to vent how pissed I am that they let that asshole ruin another piece of my childhood

What Girls Said 2

• Yes I do!!!

• ooooo yes. i did not like her in that movie at all either. also i hate the parts where the girls are supposed to be eye candy but they look like plain jane. LIKE the girl in cinderella with the bushiest eyebrows and the girl in Magnificent with eyebrows that were to dark for a blonde.

What Guys Said 1

• She's fucking Michael Bay? Didn't know that.
    We'll see how this movies is, maybe she'll be good this time.

• She might be I don't know. I was just making a point