Why do people hate Tumblr?

Haven't been on it long enough to know much about it, but I hear a lot of negative shit about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because people from 4chan raided tumblr and made a bunch of troll feminist and "gender fluid" accounts and everyone takes them seriously

• LOL tumblr was a mess before that even happened.

• True, but a lot of people are trolls even if they're not from 4chan, and there are plenty of assholes out there who truly believe what they're telling people.
      And there are also like 14 year olds who use it and still say things like "I literally can't" "XD" "I just died" @bellepepper

• I totally agree.

Most Helpful Guy

• People hate it because it's associated with Feminazi's, Emo's, Scene Kids, Social Rejects and all that crap.

4chan made everyone think like this. But they're all fat high school shooters in their Mum's basements with their Mountain Dew and Doritos. 😂

The internet is full of assholes tbh. You can say or do whatever you want to others and usually get away with it.. 😕

What Girls Said 1

• The site culture sucks. People want to be offended at everything and talk about making a difference and changes, but when it comes down to actually doing anything other than policing people's posts they're nowhere to be found. There's also a lot of encouragement of mental illness. Not in a "hey we accept that you're having a hard time and here are some resources I found useful" way that might help people but more in a "Hey let's all have untreated depression and anxiety together because doctors are stupid!" way.

Oh and the site devs suck. They're totally out of touch with how people actually use their site and make changes that make the site even more difficult to use to the point that there's a set of add-ons and extensions just to make the site usable.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't hate it or have any strong feelings about it for that matter. But I think its because Tumblr is associated with like extreme political correctness, man hating feminism, ridiculous sexualities/identifying yourself as like an animal or something like that. They are probably only a tiny tiny fraction of the user base, but they get a lot of attention because of their views.

• I hear that's center of feminist bullshit.

• Tumblr does let a lot of people have amusing little sites. Lots of porn, too.

Tumblr also lets demented freaks get together and lament about "cismales" and "thin privilege" and such.

• I hate it because it doesn't work

• It's a vanity bloging site its like Instagram beats it in photos

• All the feminazis are on Tumblr, so that's why everyone else hates it.