Was she wrong for this? How would you react?

Girl 1 - Physically thin and fit looking.
Girl 2 - 70 lbs overweight.

Girl 2 - In the summer time I want to lose weight so I can wear a two piece.
Girl 1 - The only piece you'll be getting is a 6 piece from McDonald's.

How would you react if your so call friend said this about you?
Keep in mind , girl 1 is the type that has a dry sense of humor (make jokes with a straight face)

Most Helpful Guy

• i think if they are good friends they may have the type of relationship where these kind of jokes can play.

i have a friend who put on about 30lbs in college. we've joked with him that he grew two stomachs, got pregnant, etc... in my close group of friends we tease each other in good nature knowing that deep down we love each other.

so if that is the type of relationship they have then it seems ok to me... but clearly it could be a rude statement to make to someone under certain circumstances

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on your friendship, there are some friends where we could make jokes like that and we would just both laugh it off. Whereas with others it may be more awkward and offensive.

What Guys Said 8

• Girl 1 hit a bit below the belt with that one.

Girl 2 should be even more determined to lose weight. Starting NOW, not summer.

• Girl 2 shouldn't have even presented her goals. There's a thing called 'substitution'. It's when a person openly presents their goals to receive compliments, the satisfaction from the compliments is enough to lose track from the goal entirely.

Girl 1 maybe a bit harsh but I like that. in my opinion better than trying to encourage her especially if girl2 had repeated been wanting to lose weight but has not.

If Girl 2 really wanted to lose weight, let her actions do the talking. Any topic regarding weight loss is a waste of breath.

• I think all of us guys agree: This is clearly her being a friend and motivating her by not believing in her. Always works. It will get her fighting spirit going.

• No that wasn't what she was trying to do. She was being a catty bitch.

• @RachelBrigs Naturally. And I was being sarcastic and shrugging it off like a good thing. You have to keep in mind that we are supposed to offer a more male perspective. And reality is most guys would take that as fuel to try harder. I fully understand you'd react differently though.

• I'm a guy and used to banter like this so I'd take it as a joke and laugh it off, and if it had some truth to it I'd just use it as motivation to lose weight.

• Lol savage, so go lose weight and prove her wrong if you dont you did exactly what she expected

• That's rude man.

• Coubitch cough cough bitchouch

• THIS GAVE ME A BIG BONER, HER DEGRADING HER LIKE THAT.

What Girls Said 13

• Well, girl 1 said what almost everyone thinks about fat people but don't say out loud. I would laugh it off, and ask her to help me instead of making jokes.

• Even with the dry humor thats wrong.

• Haha priceless. Sounds like the sort of thing I'd say before thinking it through.
    Assuming they're friends, and have that kind of banter, there's no problem. Girl 2 knows she's overweight, no point in pretending she's not.

• Yeah, my friends don't say things like that to me. I would've gave her a 2 piece to the face with my fist. Bitch.

• If I was friends with both of them I'd immediately spew insults at the bitch and humiliate her. I'd go off. I can't stand people who put others down like that. I'll tear them down in a heartbeat.

• Oh... I would plot revenge. I'd think of a very mean yet well thought come back possibly about her worst insecurity. Hurt them where they are most vulnerable, right?

• No she wasn't wrong, she was probably just kidding around.

• Yo thats super hurtful

• honestly id slap her up no matter what you dont say things like that to a mate i have one like that and she is a bigger girl and we both like food. No WE LOVE FOOD <3 still would never say that to her even if it was a joke...

• I can't see the humor in this.. so probably say nothing and stop contacting her.

• Wow, that joke wasn't even good! Wear whatever you want baby!

• Depends how their friendship is. Me and my friends say things like that to one another all the time, but we all also have very thick skin. Is this the nature of their relationship or is it gentler than that? If those jokes aren't normal for them then that was cruel.

• That's pretty mean. Weight is a hard subject to joke about. Does girl 2 say harsh jokes too?