Is it bad for a 25 year old who just left college to be living at home?

If he can't afford rent but is saving up to eventually move out.

• It's bad
  • It's fine
  • It's fine but he won't get a girlfriend while he's at home

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend brother is 27 still lives at home with his mum never moved out and has a full time job so can afford it just chooses to live with his mum and has her look after him. He really lazy but he got his self a girl friend now who has her own place so no doubt if things go well in a few years he will move out and live with her. 25 isn't that old to be honest to still stay at home but as long as long as u r saving up and r looking to move out and r not just be lazy and taking advantage it's fine :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont see any problem with it, you are a little old I suppose to be living at home, but my brother did the same thing. He served in the Army for 4 years, then went to college and when he got out at 24 he lived with my parents for another year until he paid off his college. I dont see anything wrong with it, its a free place to say, there is likely free food there, your obviously with your parents, so its not bad. If you were 25 with no ambitions of eventually moving out then that could be a problem, but if your just trying to cut costs while you get yourself on your feet then thats completely okay.

What Girls Said 1

• That's pretty normal.

What Guys Said 5

• There's a difference between making sure you're prepared for the world and freeloading off your parents like a dunce.
    Sounds like you're doing the former.

• As long as you don't conform to the circumstances it's fine.

• Yeah its fine parents are there to help you or supposed to.

• These days its a frequent occunrance

• It's becoming more and more normal. Rent and mortgages aren't getting any cheaper either.

• It's annoying. I can't afford anything. The ones I could afford was flat share but if I do that, it'll take me longer to repay all my debt and actually buy a house one day.