How can I treat my depression?

I'm already taking pills and go to therapy but nothing is working? Please help me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Play an intense video game. I am older than you and used to have to go to arcades. After work (and when I was sad about my broken heart from my girlfriend who left me 4 years earlier that I wanted to marry), I go play this game called Gun Blade NY. It was so intense, I'd pay 75 cents per game to play it (this was in 1996 and most video games were still a quarter but some were fifty cents). Anyway, with the machine gun controller jerking in my arms as I killed terrorists wholesale, I forgot everything else and the adrenaline in my system made me feel good for the rest of the night.
    www.primetimeamusements.com/.../...lade-deluxe.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSuItMi8Fpo

Most Helpful Girl

• What is one main thing, causing your depression?

• Childhood abuse

• No one deserves that, especially a child. You didn't do anything wrong to experience what you did. Your abusers were/are much in the wrong and deserve the bad karma that comes their way.

One thing that helps, is blocking the memories until there is nothing left to remember. It's still going to hurt because what you experienced was real, but it is a step towards healing, if anything.

What Guys Said 4

• Weed,

I'm not even joking. Just look up the research Dr Sanjay Gupta has done on it.

• I was thinking about that honestly lol. But I dont know where I would get it. Im pretty sure its illegal...

• Just ask around "carefully", in Michigan we are allowed medical cards that permit small amounts. Just enough for "therapeutic" purposes.

• Ohh I live in Canada. I haven't heard of medical cards. Can you get them easily? Do i have to go to a doctor?

• Give it time

• 8 years... its been a long time.

• ahhh too bad to hear that...

don't knwo how to help but if you want to talk, feel free to message me

• Sleep on a normal schedule, and eat better

• Continue seeing your doctor and therapist but try to exercise with some intensity and eat extremely healthy. Cut out things like TV, get outside and go for walks. None of these things are substitutes for the treatment you are currently working on with doctors but as a supplement they may help! good luck

What Girls Said 4

• The pills you have might not work as well with your body, so you may need to go back to the doctor and try new ones. It also could be that you haven't been on them long enough to see the results. How long have you been on the medication?

• I gag a lot!

• Try exercise

• As cliche as it sounds, be more active! I was reluctant to think of it as a viable option at first too but hey it works