I was molested when I was younger?

So I have two different memories of my brother in law molesting me when I was kid. I was 7 or 8 years old. The thing is I'm not even 100% sure if it really happened. I don't know if it was a dream, if I made it up, or what. I don't know why I would make this up though. I feel like I just blocked out the memories to the point where they don't feel real anymore, I'm not sure.
I do remember him making jokes about molesting a child though. I remember once he was rubbing my shoulders (I was 9 or younger) and joking about how he's "like Michael Jackson"
I'm 18 so this all happened 10 or 11 years ago, I feel like it's way too late to tell anyone. I don't feel weird around him now or anything. I hug him and talk with him like every other family member. I don't think he remembers.
So do I just forget about it?

Him and my sister have a baby now and I'm scared it's going to happen to her

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Go see a therapist and hash this out with a professional. I agree you don't need to tell family at this point but you should definitely see a good trauma/ abuse focused therapists to explore this possible incident.