So I have been told that people perceive me as being the 'oreo' of the school. What does that even mean?

Most Helpful Girl

• Means that you're black on the outside but white on the inside. They're basically saying that you act white. Whatever "acting white" is.

• Wow. Thanks for the explanation!

What Guys Said 8

• Either half white hair black, racially. Or a black person that acts white.
    That's my understanding of the term.

• Since i'm not mixed, i'll have to say its the latter of the two. Thanks for the explanation.

• It's very immature of them to call you that

• Y'all black on the outside but white on the inside.

• Thanks for the explanation.

• You're a black cookie filled with white stuffing?

• Ha. My thoughts exactly when I was trying to figure it out!

• No idea. That can be a good thing, though.

• They're being racist

• Really? How so, if you don't mind my asking?

• It's a term about the color of your skin and how you 'supposedly' act. Full of stereotypes

• Thanks for explaining.

• Maybe it means they want to open you up and lick your sweet inside? Sorry that was a bad joke. If you're black it probably just means they think you act white, which being a mexican that "acts white" I say fuxk the I don't care if they don't like that I fit into their stereotype ideas. If you're not black than I have no idea what it means

• Back on the outside, white on the inside.

• I don't know, but it means you act white. People will try to say that they are only saying this because you talk "proper" and value education, but that's not the case. Now ask yourself these questions.

1. Do you vigorously seek the approval of whites?
    2. Do you only hang out with whites and never any other races outside of your family no matter what?
    3. Are you only critical of blacks but never of other races?

If you answered yes to all 3, then this is why you are being called a oreo . If no then don't worry about it.

• No to all, so I'm taking your advice as to not worry about it.

What Girls Said 4

• When I first read it I thought about Oreos being sweet and liked by everyone. So, in my translation, that you are the type of person that everyone likes. o. o

• Ha. I like your thought better than the actual reason so I think I'll think of it your way!

• Are you mixed race? If so, that's probably what they're referring to.

• No. I'm fully African American.

• Oh, well then, I would say that it's probably whatever everyone else is suggesting. That you "act white". In other words they're being not so low-key racist.

• Who cares! Move on!

• I don't care. I just didn't know what it meant.

• Its something bad but like i said who cares!

• "You're black but behave like a white person."

• black on outside, white on inside. like an oreo. its stupid. dont listen.

• It is stupid. Thanks for the explanation.