Is this racist?

I was showing my friend pictures of these guys from Kpop bands that I found really attractive. And he said "But they're Asian though"

0|0
11|13

Most Helpful Guy

• Not necessarily racist. He may have meant it like "oh, so you're attracted to Asians?"

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not exactly. They ARE Asian lol.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah but he's implying that Asian guys aren't attractive

• Personal preferences. Still not racist. Not unless he went into details and pointed out traits of Asians.

What Guys Said 12

• It could have been a concern about long distances. Dating someone from any part of Asia is no small feat. I've tried it twice and failed both times.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well they were people in a popular band, its not like i could date them anyway

• Yes, it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • It does imply that he's insinuating that Asians can't be attractive to anyone which shows some prejudice..

1|0
    0|0
  • Not racist, maybe he doesn't find Asians attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds more like him being confused since Asian guys are usually not seen as very attractive by westerners.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would probably need more info, but it sure doesn't sound good...

0|0
    0|0
  • I joke my sister has an Asian fetish as she loves k-pop
    Her walls are plastered with the band shinee
    she blushes when she thinks of them
    I'm from the U. S
    But those are the only guys I hear her talk about so I joke that she has an Asian fetish

0|0
    0|0
  • Naw, Asian guys will not be everyones taste matter of fact they can be pretty fk'n weird looking to people.
    So quit being a social justice warrior, and let people think for themselves.

0|0
    2|0
  • It's a silly retort, but I wouldn't slap the racist label on it right away

0|0
    0|0
  • sounds like that yup

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh, a bit but I still lol'd.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it's typical. White guys are very racist against Asians

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• yes it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • It does sound racist...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is racist

0|0
    1|0
  • It doesn't sound extreme but maybe it's a little racist by definition, yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ehh no its not

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. Cause he implied Asian guys can't be 'attractive'

0|0
    1|0
  • no offense but they all look like girls

0|0
    0|0
    • That wasn't the question lol

• Yeah, that's a little racist

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see that as racist. They are Asian.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah but he's implying that Asian guys aren't attractive

• He's implying they look Asian. And he's saying he doesn't find the ones you're showing him particularly cool to him. It doesn't mean he hates them.

• Maybe he doesn't find Asians attractive. It's not racist to not be attracted to typically Asian features. I'm not and wouldn't pretend to be just for the sake of being pc

0|0
    0|0
    • You did go anonymous though.. 😅

• @RedThread I'm always anonymous on G@G. I don't see a problem with that. These are however the same opinions I hold in person as well.