Christians and Muslims, what do you believe happens to unbelievers when they die?

• I think they go to Hell
  • I think that if they were never exposed to my religion, they have a chance to go to heaven by living a good life but if they rejected the religion they go to hell
  • I think they can get into heaven via their good deeds
  • I think when they die that's the end of their spiritual existance
  • Other
  • Not Christian or muslim

Most Helpful Guy

• A person can only be judged to have turned against (or denied) God if they were exposed to the teachings (not just in passing, but in enough depth to understand the faith) and refuse it. A person never exposed can not have his lack of exposure held against them. Such a person would be judged on their morals.

But I think it goes deeper than that. We are judged before God in the end. We are told we stand before him, and can even speak in our own defense, before he chooses our fate. With that in mind, if God's decision was finalized by whether we were faithful or not at the moment of our death, why even allow us to speak in our own defense at final judgement? That makes no sense.
    I don't actually think it says anywhere that we must accept him, in THIS LIFE AND ONLY THIS LIFE, or else we are screwed. We are just told we must accept him. I think the judgement is to give people one final chance to realize, and own up to, our mistakes in life.

I'm not a theologian, I could be very wrong. But I take comfort from that possible view. And it is worth noting even the most learned theologians have massive disagreements resulting in wildly varying schools of thought, so for any who would say I was completely wrong, others might agree, and others still might consider it. If we knew, absolutely and definitely, we would not have so many sects, or theological schools.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends. It's more about heart than anything. Like somebody who regularly gives to charity because it makes them look good has less chance than somebody who just randomly does kind things because it's in them.
    A poor person who donates a few bucks to the needy has more reward than a millionaire who donated 100. Because it's nothing to the millionaire, it's a tiny amount to him, the few is a big amount to a poor person.
    And remember, there was a prostitute who went to heaven and things like that.
    If you've never been taught to believe and you don't believe, it's not as bad as somebody who was taught and knows everything and chooses to go against God.
    So it's not just about actions, it's more about true intent, feelings, your heart and you as a person.

• You are on the right track... It is not about works of righteousness, however the ONLY way into heaven is through Jesus and asking him into your heart as your personal Lord and Savior. This is what an actual Christian is, anything short is just "Christian in the head." God Bless o;)

What Guys Said 14

• I'm hoping not to get attacked cuz u asked the question and I'm just giving my opinion. I'm a Christian and I know that all those who don't accept Jesus Christ as their Savior will be sent to hell come Judgement Day. But the good news is its never too late to repent! Regardless of your sins! All u need to do is pray to The Lord that u want Him to guide u to Him and thank Him for shedding His holy blood for all of ur sins! Accept Christ into ur heart and He will change u. I myself am a recently started work in progress and He has already brought me so much joy! Even though I still struggle with my sins daily I know He forgives me and I thank Him everyday!
    Sorry for the long rant but I just couldn't stop lol

• Hell doesn't exist in the bible, it was made up later by the church.

http://biblelight.net/hell.htm

• @bryon true. Very true. Thanks for the warning

• Don't mention it young Man

• We unbelievers go to the same place you all do. Under ground or burned to ashes. Please don't think there is another life because its all bollocks the same as these suicide bombers don't get 50 virgins when they die...

• Well God wouldn't force them into his presence if they choose to distance themselves than that's their choice

• Not really fair to blackmail people like that "believe in this or you will go to hell". Shame on them

• Threatening people with hell if they don't believe in God and Christ, heaven and hell is like telling a child "You'd better believe in the bogeyman, or else the bogeyman will get you!"

• I am spiritual but not religous and I believe that good people get a good afterlife and bad people get a bad one

• You won't go to heaven because of good deeds that's for sure for me but only by accepting the sacrifice of Christ, maybe you get one last chance after your died but don't know that

• You finally realize that everyone is going to the same place. And all these years wasted, fighting each other over whos god is the right one 😔 becomes meaningless.

And no i doubt there is 72 virgins waiting on a silver platter

• I believe they go to the treadmill at the gym constantly running while they look through the window at believers eating eternal Thanksgiving-like dinners!!

• Nothing, when we die nothing happens. You no longer are conscious of yourself or anything else, and simply are there, dead. It sucks, there isn't an atheist that doesn't wish we all went to heaven, but wishing doesn't do jack shit.

• Goes straight to hell. Unfortunately

• We are greeted by Flying Spaghetti Monster and have eternal fun.

• there is no holy book, and no god.

• I think they go to the real heaven as long as they lived a relatively good life and all the Christians and Muslims burn in the fiery bowels of hell for ever because their religions are wrong.

• As Christian who believes we already live in hell, I believe that each and everyone of us (religious and non-religious) stands before God and he forgives us (his children) for our sins and then we are sent to sleep with the angels in heaven.

The Bible much like the Quran was written in the name of God in order to control people and these books are political weaponry. I believe God would reject such books and would reject such organized religions in his name because God loves all of his children and would never want the deep divisions that religion has caused within his children since its inception in 1300 BCE.

• @Thesilentsquirrel are you saying you are a Christian? That didn't make any sense... how would everyone get to go to Heaven? What would be the point of Heaven/Hell, Good vs Evil?

What Girls Said 6

• I'm a christian who is struggling with my faith. My belief is that everyone goes to heaven, because the Bible says that every sin is the same, no matter if it was a little white lie or if you were a serial killer, a sin is a sin and the Bible also says that Jesus died for our sins. So even if you don't believe in God, I believe that you'll still go to heaven.

A lot of Christians will probably disagree with me and say I'm not an actual Christian if I believe such things, but who cares. I'd rather be the girl who cares about everyone than the type of Christians I know who say that homosexuals, African Americans and sinners shouldn't be allowed in the church and who still believe that women are servants to men.

• In this way faith will make all meaningless because no matter what you go to heaven. That sounds not logical

• @DeadShot619 AMEN! I think I just heard some resounding internet signs, haha

• @Lioness haha awesome. Keep spreading the Word sister! God Bless!

• @4465loveyou5577 In the Bible, God specifically addresses these concerns of Heaven/Hell and chances. The chances you receive are while you are on Earth, that is why Missionary work is so important. Have you ever heard about "The Good Word' of Jesus, the Bible? These are all opportunities and only takes one time to talk with someone or go to Church with a friend. Perhaps this Christmas is the perfect time to see what having a true relationship with God is all about. God Bless and Merry Christmas!

• I believe that it's not my place to decide or even think about what will happen to non-believers. that is up to the god i believe in. in fact, i could be a non-believer if my intentions are insincere. i like that non believer is a vague term. we on earth dont know who they are.

• I think nothing happens to anyone. o. O
    We die and stop existing.

Scary.

• Not so sure I would call that scary. The universe was around for billions of years without me, it will do just fine once I am dead.

• @SmoMan

Hahaha

I'm not saying it's scary for all existence... just for me. O. o

• It goes both ways. I didn't care before I existed, so it would kind of be hard to care when I don't exist any more. But I get you, fear of the unknown and all that.

• There's ton's of type of Christians, I believe Only God with be able to judge. Even people who never believe may go to Heaven it just depends on what God says He says every sin is the same. Killing someone would be the same as stealing a frog!. That's why you ask God for forgiveness of the sin. :D

• The same that happens to us (believers)