Bartender without experience?

Hola everyone, I'm going to call for job to be bartender as student, but I'm little scarred that I won't know how to make a drink or coffee.

Can you just help me out how hard is it, I'll call in some pub, so there'll be probably also a lot of drunk people.

Most Helpful Girl

• I bartender in college. In my city some restaurants will train a bartnder with no experience. Restaurants are a good place to gain experience because people usually only order drinks off the menu so it is easy to train a bartender on their specialty drinks.

If you want to work in a bar however you usually have to start as a bar back and they'll train you during the slow times if you get in good with a bartender or the bar manager.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't go to bartending school lmao. Everyone in the industry laughs at that. I never was a 'bartender' but I worked at a restaurant called RA Sushi which is a upscale trendy young restaurant that plays house music etc.. I worked there as a barback and I was going to eventually work myself up to bartender but I ended up leaving the industry. Working as a barback is way better experience than bartending school.. I stocked up on drinks. I mixed drinks when it was busy. I served people. I did all the things a bartender does but I was more of the bottom bitch. It's really hard man. You have to be social and you have to be able to handle and remember a lot of things at one. Multi tasking needs to be on point. message me if you got any questions.

What Girls Said 1

• It depends on the type of bar and what the vast majority order. If it's just draft beers and wine no prob but if you are going to work at what is more cocktails and mixed drinks type crowd, Go to bar tending classes. It's the best way to maximize your tips at those establishments.

What Guys Said 3

• There are actual bartender schools and you do indeed need something behind your back when it comes to experience.

• It's pretty hard. With no experience it'll be hard to do

• It is easy

• haha I'm just little scared because that's pub and there are probably quite a lot of "drunk" people :D

• Donald Trump, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Tom Cruise, George W. Bush, Adolf Hitler, and Osama Bin Laden all used to be bartenders and they all say that it's easy

• hahahaha what the hell :D