Why did my dentist call me "baby"?

I don't know why he did. When I was getting my 6 month cleaning, he kept calling me baby when he was talking to me. And I couldn't talk anyways because how do you talk when the dentist is working on your teeth and your mouth is wide open. But it made me feel weird and I've been like what the heck! That's bizarre

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you look like your profile picture? If you do and I saw you in person I would call you a baby too. Otherwise it is not only bizarre it is totally inappropriate, unprofessional, and illegal.

• No. That was when I was a baby

• whether or not you want to try is up to you. Without any evidence it may not go anywhere but in your situation I would go to the local law enforcement agency and tell them about it. If they already have a file on him doing anything this would be a big red flag. If they don't at least they can put something in the files so if anyone else reports him he will have a history.

• Ok. Thank you

Most Helpful Girl

• I would not be comfortable with this, he should be a professional. Get a new dentist :)

What Guys Said 7

• My dental assistant calls me hun. It might not be the same but I think that's just their nicknames for people since they probably don't remember all their patients names.

• When did this happen? And what's your age? Cause if you are not a baby then he had not right to call you a baby.. He is maybe making advanced towards you and he is being unprofessional...

• It was a few months ago and I'm worried about it happening again like when I go back next month. I'm 19

• And how is his tone when he calls you baby?
      Flirty or normal?

• Who knows if need to get a new dentist. I may or may not have to. I think I would need to get other people involved. I have insurance so I don't know if I'd have to contact them or what. And his tone was flirty

• Some people uses "baby" "darling" to call people.. It often does not mean anything

• That would be quite awkward for me as well. It could possibly how he talks to all his clients? I've gone to corner stores, and the girls on cash will call me "darling", but that's what they say to everyone that goes up to cash.

• Like 'hey baby raawwwr'

Or like 'sure thing baby'

• some people do that, my math teacher calls everyone love

• Probably was just trying to say baby teeth, but forgot to say teeth, lol

• There's no way. Like saying "baby you need to brush your teeth twice a day"

• It was the tone, how he said it and that's an example

• Like I said, do I care?

What Girls Said 2