How long does it take to grade 20 exams?

I took an exam Monday morning and I want to know how long it will take for our professor to grade our exams. I read online that professors have about 5 days after you take the exam to grade it. There were 20 students in the class so the exam should have been graded by now.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on how many classes the teacher has.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• depends on the type of class. type of exam. and how many classes a professor has

i taught English for two years and grading papers was tedious. i could literally spend an entire evening grading and only get through 3 or 4.

• From what I've seen when professors were correcting exams, it's like 5 to 10 seconds per question. Based on that number times the number of questions you can estimate how long it takes to do one exam.
    But if he has 17 classes of 20 students each... there may be a couple of days waiting before he starts to correct your exams :-(

• That depends on the kind of questions and exams: a multiple choice test takes a lot less time than a paper. Calculus is easier to correct than geometry.

• he might have more than one set of exams to grade.

• It depends on how busy the prof is with finishing up Christmas shopping.

• Multiple choice ought to be pretty quick since he just has to look at the answers, but with essays, he has to go through and make sure no one not only copied off each other but also plagiarized from another source as well. Not saying they did but it's always a possibility, and it takes time to check that. They're usually pretty good about getting it in by school policy though, their job usually depends on it so, it should be pretty quick I'd imagine

• It doesn't matter. There usually has a given date on when is the results will be given to students.

What Girls Said 2

• You also have to keep in mind that they also most likely have other classes to grace as well. I would say you should have them by next week.

• It depends on how many people are marking the exams. You're probably not going to get the result for the exam itself, just your overall mark in the course.