This guy won't stop bugging me to go out with him on fb?

So this guy friended me on fb and I accepted bc we had a few mutual friends. Right after he starts chatting me up saying how we met at a kareoke even one night but we never did... I told him I must not be the right person and then he said it was fine then tried to push me to go out with him. I told him we barely have spoken to each other and he is a total stranger to me. Then he was all like "that is why we need to go out so we can be more familiar with each other" but in my opinion this was so rushed and I'm not interested. He keeps bugging me to make a decision to go out with him also. He will message me like every hour saying he wants to know my decision meanwhile I said I don't feel comfortable meeting up so soon. Like I don't even know this dude's intentions and I have trust issues. His last message to me was "everyone is a stranger at the first time" but I've still been ignoring him. Should I block him? Like he was never rude just really pushy and I kinda feel bad even though I shouldn't.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would block him. It is not a good sign to be that pushy, because if he is that pushy when he hasn't even been on a date with you yet, you can expect him to be that pushy about a lot of other things. Things that can be a lot more problematic. The biggest problem for you is that if you were to ever say 'yes' to a date now, you will have just taught him that all he has to do to get you to say yes is pester you over and over and over.

You are in a corner and the only thing to do is block him.

• You make such a great point thank you

• You feel bad because you have empathy and you don't want someone else to feel bad if you can avoid it. You don't want to inflict pain. Which is probably why you weren't more firm about it in the first place, actually. But while a person should never inflict unnecessary pain, sometimes there are cases where you need to be firm to protect yourself. This wasn't you actively hurting him, it was you protecting yourself and removing yourself from the conversation.

You made the right decision. Feeling a bit bad about it just means you are a good person, a sensitive person. But the action was the correct thing to do.

• You are very right! Thank you!

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 4

• Just unfriend him. If you're not interested then there's no point in wasting his time and it's better for you too.

• hit that block button, if he's making you uncomfortable after you told him no respectively then just ignore him. You shouldn't feel bad if he can't accept your answer, you're not obligated to go out with him or to keep talking to him if you don't want to.

• Just block and delete. You should have done that immediately when you started feeling uncomfortable.

• Block. Delete. Easy.