Does anyone work 11 hours a day every day?

I work 11 hours a day everyday, and it kills me and my salary is misrable, but I don't have opition and i'm 18, anyone in the same situatuion?

• I have never work more than 4 hours.
  • I have never work more than 8 hours.
  • Oh my God, that's too much for your age.
  • I'm in the same situation as you because I don't have option.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah some people do, it's more common in places like factory, mining and medical work though.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope I'm only about 6 - 8 hours 5 days a week. Have been considering taking on a part time job though, since I'm considered "full time" at my current job.

I don't make awful money, either, for it being retail so I can't complain.

What Guys Said 10

• I've worked 15+ hour days 7 days a week. It's not much fun. That is cutting into your sleep time once you add in the very basics like commute time, eating, showering, etc.

It's the reason I'll never work a salary job again unless it's a darn good opportunity. I only work hourly now so I actually get paid for the overtime.

When you say every day, do you mean 7 days a week? Or 5 days a week?

• 7 days a week. I can't have off from Thursday to Sunday, sometimes only from Monday to Wednesday

• What restaurant do you even work at?

• A big restaurant. A buffet

• I work 12 hrs a day. It's a regular shift for nurses in Alberta

• i've worked 11hr days from time to time but never on a very consistent basis.

• HAHA,
    no.

• I was doing the 13-14 at your age long old days it really did start to kill me but the money was good at the time

• Well, at least you apparently have internet in North Korea now.

• LOL, i'm from Spain and I work in a chinese restaurant here in Spain

• I used to do 12+ but cut down my days

• I don't really have off day, somtimes yes, sometimes no

• shit more than that a lot of times

• Sometimes I work 13-14 hours

• I used to work even more, but luckily - not anymore.

• Good

• Thanks so much :D

• You're welcome ;)

• I used to but then I said fuck that shit there's easier money out there.

What Girls Said 4

• When it's busy I work any where from 12-16 hrs a day 6 days a week. Just so you know the busy season starts in May & runs till the end of Oct or Nov.

• Almost like where I work too. That's when the busy season starts.

• Of course it's too much for your age, but hey that's what we have to do as members of the working class, haha. I've got 2 jobs while going to school but hope that someday it's gonna pay off. Hopefully it'll all pay off for you too!

• Hope so too. Good luck

• I do 12 hour days. It's whatever. But I chose to do that.

• It depends on the project I am working on and when the deadline is. I have worked from 6am to midnight in a day for a week to get the work done before. This doesn't happen all the time, just once in a while. Especially if the client decides to change something last minute. Usually I am able to space out the work, so I work reasonable hours.

• I'm a waiter for the moment, before going to school

• It's a struggle, but you're doing a good thing trying to work before school. I used to work for a catering company during school to help pay. You can either stick it out, or try to find a less stressful job somewhere else.

• It's not easy to find a job here.