Why do I start spam yawning as soon I start studying?

EXPLAIN THIS EVIL! 😭😭😭😭

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• I do this every-time I read something or do study. I think because after so much study or reading especially after everything university gets you to do you just start feeling "OH F*CK NOT THIS AGAIN!!" and then you start falling asleep.

• From what I've researched

Its hypothesised that we yawn for many reasons such as: cooling our brains down; Giving it more oxygen and tiredness

Maybe you KNOW you need to start thinking so your mind is getting more oxygen to the brain so its an easy start up/thinking process ;)

Could be bullshit

Or I could be onto something

Or maybe you're actually board before you start :)

• Yeah I am a bit like that when I have read stuff for work - I just suppose try and focus to kick through initial wave of yawning.

• OMGOSH! I believe you're suffering from the deadly disease studynitus procrastinatis...

I'll pray for your soul.

• lmao. same thing happens to me. Your body knows the pain thats comin'

• Because when you're bored (don't tell me studying isn't boring) you're often getting tired aswell

What Girls Said 4

• Take a shower and drink some water/juice/tea/coffee.

I am trying to study too and have just experienced the same thing.

The odd thing is that when I really want to sleep, I cannot, but when I don't want to sleep the most, I keep feeling sleepy. xD

• I don't know! Its boring!

• It's normal. Procrastination is the best.

• Your body is rejecting the studying, haha. It knows it's going to be bored. :P