Do you ever get crazy ringing in your ears?

Tinnitus, I think it's called. Just random ringing or a high pitched whistle. Sometimes it completely shuts down my brain, like I can't focus cuz it's so loud in one ear then it goes away.

Most Helpful Guy

• Every once in a while but I don't get it bad. my dad has in contently and my girlfriend can get it for a week or so at a time. One thing that has really helped my girlfriend is playing music or something when she gets it. Works pretty well. she even got a pillow with speakers inside it for sleeping.

Most Helpful Girl

• Occasionally, but not quite as badly. You should probably consult an ENT specialist, to rule out any major problems with your inner ear. Unfortunately tinnitus is usually idiopathic, and most people just end up having to deal with it

What Guys Said 12

• I have it very rarely and only for about 10-15 seconds at a time. I can make it go away by consciously focusing on it.
    Many young people have it because they ruin their ears by going to extremely loud discos and nightclubs. Sadly - and this a reason why I wish I lived in the 60s - discos are not what they used to be. Many modern nightclubs are actually very dangerous for you. Not only for your ears but also for your eyes. I've once watched a consumer show on TV where they went to different nightclubs and measured the intensity of the laser shows. It turned out that 9/10 nightclubs had lasers that were way too strong and very dangerous for your eyes (even if you don't have any initial problems and good eyesight). They then talked to a guy who went completely blind simply because he went to a nightclub with his friends and got these lasers right in his eyes. It's a freaking dangerous thing.
    Anyway... I'm deviating! Maybe you don't go to nightclubs often and in that case, the tinnitus can also have a different cause. At any rate, it's usually not a good sign for your ears and you should probably have a doc check on you.

• Lol yeah, I don't go clubbing or anything. I do listen to music loudly sometimes. That's prob why. 😂

• Yeah, that's indeed a possible cause. As somebody who is almost blind since birth and thus knows from own experience how precious your senses are, I can only advise you to take very good care of your ears, eyes, nose etc. This may sound like your grandpa giving you some unnecessary sermon but believe me, we're both still young and we'll need our ears and eyes for at least 60 more years. So there's benefit in not destroying them in the first third of our life.

• It is most likely caused by some hearing loss. It is much more common in older slobs like yours truly.

• I remember hearing somewhere that everytime it happens your hearing goes down a decibel or something. T_T

• I think that is b. s. You should consult an ENT physician.

• Yeah and yawning sometimes does the trick but mine sounded like static, like a messed up tv channel lol

• Ya I get that. Sometimes I'll briefly go deaf in that ear too

• Oooh yeah. That happens too. Well, my hearing in one side will go muffled and that's how I know it's about to start.

• Only happens to me when there's no sound in whatever place I'm at.

• Yea and its quite a coincidence that it happens when someone is talking about me

• Oh. Well I don't know about that. But I do believe that a sneeze or an itchy ear means someone's talking about you. Lol.

• Stop listening to all that loud hippity hop music that all you youngsters be listening to. -old person voice-

• you're just psycho

• Its called tinnitus you are right.

• sometimes.

• Sometimes yes. It's random but goes away quick

• Yes other people have its thought it was just me

• Yeah. It's hella annoying though.

• I know I've had it since 1st grade

What Girls Said 1

• Sometimes its à son of a bitch